3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2015 5:58 PM by whsprague

Trouble with Lightroom and Premiere Elements

skidd58 Level 1

Hello,

Back in April of this year I purchased a new Lenovo W550S. 256 GB SSD, 16GB Ram, 2GB NVidia video card. This machine should be able to run anything I throw at it. However, I continually have issues with speed. I've run the machine in safe mode and there was a significant boost in performance in LR. Outside of returning the machine to it's original factory state and starting over, any ideas? I did run C Cleaner and there are a significant amount of duplicate files, but in different folders.

In premiere Elements, I continually get an error message Adobe Premiere Elements.exe - No Disk. There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk7\DR7.

Any assistance or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Steve

• 2. Re: Trouble with Lightroom and Premiere Elements
          A.T. Romano Level 7

skidd5

We can help you with the Premiere Elements part of your issues, but please tell us what version of Premiere Elements you are using and on what computer operating system it is running.

For now, I will assume that you are working with Premiere Elements 13/13.1 on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 64 bit.

Have you installed your program to the default Local Drive C?

There is a known No Disk error associated with Premiere Elements 13/13.1. The Adobe fix for this is to delete or disable the file named OldFilm.AEX.

This file is found in Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 64 bit

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 13.0

Plug-ins

Common

NewBlue

and in the NewBlue Folder is the OldFilm.AEX file that you delete or disable by renaming it to OldFilm.AEXOLD.

Please let us know if that works for you with the program and operating system assumptions made.

For Lightroom matters, please post them in the Adobe Lightroom Forum to take advantage of the specialized expertise there.

Photoshop Lightroom

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Trouble with Lightroom and Premiere Elements
            whsprague Level 4

skidd58 wrote:

Hello,

..... I continually have issues with speed. I've run the machine in safe mode and there was a significant boost in performance in LR. Outside of returning the machine to it's original factory state and starting over, any ideas? .....

Steve,

For the LR part, try looking in LR Preferences for the check block that turns off use of your graphics card.   Yes, off.  There are posts in a variety of places where LR users have identified that not all graphics cards work with LR even when they should.  If there is a mismatch, LR speeds up with it off.  Besides, LR only uses the graphics card in certain Develop module functions anyway. 

Bill