1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 11, 2015 10:35 AM by Peter Spier

Can I create a style from a text box

roncurington Level 1

Actually I have already asked this question yesterday. The problem is that I thought I would get on this morning and see if there were any replies. Surprise, surprise, I‘ve been looking for half an hour and have been unable to find any kind of link that might take me to a list of all my post / threads. So failing that I thought maybe if I posted essentially the same question again I might get a list of similar questions and possibly my original question might be among them.

So anyway here’s basically my original question. What I’m trying to do is set up a textbox that is like a template or even a style. My basic objective. I’m creating numerous .txt files that will be like one page chapters.  What I want to do is to be able to drag a file onto the stage in indesign and have that text automatically position itself top left and extend all the way to the right edge of the page and as far down the page as needed. I see that I can set position X and Y also width and height in the property bar at the top of the screen. What I don’t really see is a way to set these attributes in the ”Create New Object Style” dialogue box. I really had kind of hoped there would be a way to create a new style directly from the object that I had just manually created using the position and dimensions in the property bar.