1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 11, 2015 12:48 PM by A.T. Romano

Slow Performance?

OW 2012

Hi, LOVE my Pr 11 just recently became very slow. I have cleared and optimized etc. but It's still slow. I'm sure I'm not the first if you could advise or point me to any comment streams that would be great!

[Asking in the correct forum helps... Moved from Premiere Pro to Premiere Elements... Mod]

• 1. Re: Slow Performance?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

OW 2012

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 11 running?

Let us start by going through a check list for clear and optimize

a. Have you deleted the contents of the Adobe Premiere Elements AutoSave Folder, Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files Folder, and Media Cache Files Folder? And, have you also gone to Edit Menu/Preferences/Media and its Media Cache Database section and hit Clean Now?

b. Have you done a free ccleaner run through, for Windows, CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

d. For Local Disc C, have you done the defragmentation and the disc error checking

At the present time, how much free hard drive space do you have and how much installed and available RAM?

If you go to Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks, were are the Scratch Disks pointed and how much free space is at each location shown?

In your path to clear and optimize, do not move, delete, or rename files and folders that went into your projects after you saved closed them. If you do, you will run into difficult media-project reconnect problems when you go to open those saved closed projects.

Please review and consider, and then we can decide what next. Any questions before you take on the tasks, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks.

ATR