This just started yesterday.
CC 2015 on Yosemite.
I did a clean uninstall/install of ALL Adobe products on my machine on Sunday with the help of Adobe Support. Everything else is running smoothly thus far.
Working on HTML5 banners using DoubleClick template and instructions. When using type tool, I click on text to edit. A Google Chrome window opens on top but not a full window (see screenshot). This happens when I don't even have Chrome open!
As soon as the window appears, AE freezes and becomes unresponsive. I have to Force Quit every time. Console shows something similar with each crash. It mentions an "image not found" but all images are present. Looked for possible images that may not be recognized even in the symbols but everything used is in the library and in the folders. Again, it happens when I'm trying to edit any text. Ideas?
Process: Adobe Edge Animate CC 2015 Helper EH 
Path: /Applications/Adobe Edge Animate CC 2015/Adobe Edge Animate CC 2015.app/Contents/Frameworks/dvawebview.framework/Versions/A/cef/Adobe Edge Animate CC 2015 Helper EH.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Edge Animate CC 2015 Helper EH
Identifier: Adobe Edge Animate CC 2015 Helper EH
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: Adobe Edge Animate CC 2015 
Responsible: Adobe Edge Animate CC 2015 
User ID: 501
Date/Time: 2015-08-11 11:29:11.561 -0700
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.10.4 (14E46)
Report Version: 11
Anonymous UUID: 4E4BEBA1-7C51-5A1A-7E41-A49E2BAD93C8
Time Awake Since Boot: 6000 seconds
Crashed Thread: 0
Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries
Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: @executable_path/../../../../Frameworks/Chromium Embedded Framework.framework/Chromium Embedded Framework
Referenced from: /Applications/Adobe Edge Animate CC 2015/Adobe Edge Animate CC 2015.app/Contents/Frameworks/dvawebview.framework/Versions/A/cef/Adobe Edge Animate CC 2015 Helper EH.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Edge Animate CC 2015 Helper EH
Reason: image not found
0x7fff64043000 - 0x7fff64079837 dyld (353.2.1) <72A99D0F-0B56-3938-ABC5-67A0F33757C4> /usr/lib/dyld
I think I found the solution. Sorry for the inconvenience.
I went into Brackets and edited the HTML content. I saved a copy with all the code that Google requires to load into their DCM and then deleted the Google code in the project HTML. Thus far, no issues.
I'll paste the code back into the published HTML after it's done even though the instructions on DoubleClick say otherwise.
Thanks for posting your resolution. This will help those that may deal with the same issue.