4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2015 7:07 AM by A.T. Romano

Share video to youtube...?

Unfamiliar1

How do I share a video to youtube? I click on the Publish+Share button, and then click on upload video to youtube, but it's not doing anything...do any of you know what's going on...? Please help!

• 1. Re: Share video to youtube...?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Unfamiliar1

What version of Premiere Elements and what computer operating system involved.

I will use Premiere Elements 13/13.1 on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 as example. NTSC setup.

1. You import your video into a project with project settings that match the properties of the source video.

Let us say you have 1080p video (1920 x 1080 @ 29.97 progressive frames per second).

2. You want to upload that to YouTube using the Premiere Elements build in YouTube feature. If your estimated size/duration for the upload are less than 2.2 GB/15 minutes, you are OK in that regard.

Publish+Share

Social Websites

YouTube

with Presets = High Definition Video for YouTube 1920 x 1080

If you are using the feature for the first time, then you will be asked to create an account. You do that and follow the screen instructions.

If your estimated upload duration exceeds 15 minutes, then you cannot use the Premiere Elements built in YouTube feature. And, you cannot use YouTube extended time accounts in the Premiere Elements built in YouTube feature. In this case, you export your Timeline content to a file (AVCHD.mp4 good idea) and then upload that file from your hard drive to YouTube at the YouTube web site.

For the export of the Timeline content  to AVCHD.mp4, you would use Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets = MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p30.

In what you have been doing before you posted your thread, have you gotten any error messages? And, if so, when in the process, and what did the messages say?

Any questions or need clarification, please ask.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Share video to youtube...?
            Unfamiliar1 Level 1

I'm using Elements, on Windows 10. Yes, it is my first time using it. my problem still is, I click on the upload button but nothing happens, nothing loads/opens etc. Doesn't tell me to create an account or anything.

• 3. Re: Share video to youtube...?
              Unfamiliar1 Level 1

Also, I got this error message; "Online services encountered an error. The service will now be terminated or paused if possible."

• 4. Re: Share video to youtube...?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Unfamiliar1

Thanks for the reply.

When you went to Publish+Share/Social Websites/ for the first time, do you see a pop up saying the presets were being loaded?

And, when you opened to YouTube, were presets available to you in the Presets field?

For troubleshooting purchases, it would be a good idea to export your Timeline content to a file saved to the computer hard drive

example...Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets = YouTube Widescreen HD and then upload that AVCHD.mp4 file to YouTube at the YouTube web site.

Does that work? This will check the YouTube account that you have.

ATR