2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2015 8:13 PM by ldb001

amplify, sample editing, and panning requests for Audition CS6

ldb001

I'm a relatively new user of CS6 who used Cooledit and then Audition 2.0 extensively for editing audio.  Some features that were indispensible for me in 2.0 seem to be missing from CS6.  I've searched the forums and simply messed around with the software for quite awhile to find these tools, but without success.  I'd love to know if they are truly missing, or if I'm just inept at figuring them out.

All of these apply to editing in waveform mode.

Is it still possible to:

1) amplify a selection based on a multiplicative factor instead of dB?

2) perform an amplify ramp on a selection, such as a linear ramp from 30% at the selection start to 70% at the end?  The only such tool I see is fade in and out, but I can only get that to work at the start or end of the audio, and even there it's not very precise, nor does it seem to allow arbitrary start and end amplification values.

3) pan through the audio a window at a time, such as was done in 2.0 using the pg-up/down keys (if i recall correctly)?  I can grab and drag up above the time-axis numbers, but scanning through dozens of windows worth of data this way is tedious.

4) play the audio visible in the window and have the play stop at the end of the window, rather than continuing on?  The only way I can find to do this is by selecting the audio in the window.

5) and finally, move individual samples precisely?  In earlier versions one could either directly grab and drag the sample up or down, or right-click the sample and enter its value.  Now the only way I find to do this (extremely awkwardly) is to use the HUD after selecting an individual sample, but the sensitivity of the control is such that I find it difficult to do very small, precise moves.  Doing redraws of a range of samples this way is awkward, verging on impractical when hundreds of locations within the audio must be dealt with.  As an alternative, a pencil tool such as some other editors have for redrawing samples would work well.

and an associated question regarding 5): is it possible to simply read the amplitude value of an individual sample?

I realize that some users may not need these features, but my editing tasks make some of them (especially 2 and 5) absolutely vital.

Thanks for any help you can provide; I really appreciate it.