6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2015 11:30 AM by A.T. Romano

Duration Marker parked at 50 minutes

johnm30007975 Level 1

As I built by project the Duration marker on the time bar above the tracks incremented until it reached 50 minutes. I have continued to build the project with frequent rendering but the Duration marker has remained parked at 50 minutes. Is this a problem? Will anything I do beyond 50 minutes be wasted? Is 50 minutes an inherent limit in Premier Elements?

• 1. Re: Duration Marker parked at 50 minutes
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Is your actual project longer or shorter than 50 minutes?

If shorter, that indicates one thing -- if longer, it indicates another.

• 2. Re: Duration Marker parked at 50 minutes
            johnm30007975 Level 1

I have continued to build the project on the time line and have frequently rendered and played through up to (currently) about 57 minutes. Everything is behaving exactly as it should, it is just that the Duration marker has stayed at 50 minutes and not followed my work.

• 3. Re: Duration Marker parked at 50 minutes
              johnm30007975 Level 1

Reading the Adobe pdf manual it states that rendered areas are marked with a green line - which suggests that my work has not been rendered beyond 50 minutes.

Also, "You designate the area to render by using the work area bar in the Expert View timeline". Perhaps what I am calling the Duration marker is actually the 'work area bar' and I simply need to move it along manually?

Why would it increment itself automatically up to 50 minutes and then switch to having to be moved manually?

• 4. Re: Duration Marker parked at 50 minutes
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Sometimes the Work Area Bar doesn't expand to length of your movie. This is especially true if you ever manually set it to cover a part of your movie. It's supposed to, but it doesn't always go back to auto mode.

If that happens, press the \ key so that your entire timelime is visible, then double-click the very top of the Work Area Bar and it should snap to the length of your movie. You will need the Work Area Bar to cover your entire movie if you want to render the timeline.

• 5. Re: Duration Marker parked at 50 minutes
                  johnm30007975 Level 1

Thanks, that has sorted my problem.

• 6. Re: Duration Marker parked at 50 minutes
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

johnm

Supplemental information to consider if you have not already.....

If you use

the \ and double clicking of the Work Area Bar

or

you use Timeline Indicator at the end of your last Timeline item and then hold down the Alt key as you hit right bracket key ]

to set the right gray tab of the Work Area Bar so that it is at the end of the Timeline content, I have found that those maneuvers do not reset the Work Area Bar gray tabs to "automatic" in that particular project. All should be "normal" when you begin a new project however.

After you do either of those two maneuvers and have the gray tabs spanning the entire Timeline content, I have observed consistently that the right gray tab will not move to the right automatically when you drag a new file to that Timeline. It remains where is was. So, you are back to where you started from and need to make corrective action.

I would agree that this matter appears to be triggered by manual adjustments to the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar in a particular project. This matter is not restricted to one particular Premiere Elements version.

ATR