2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2015 10:46 AM by inkastudio

AME with anormal time of rendering.

inkastudio

Hello,

(sorry i'm french and i'll try to be the best i can with english).

I've a big problem, I started a render from AE CC 2014 with AME CC 2014. At the beginning AME said to me 20 hours of estimated time remaining.. Ok that's long but i can wait..

The problem is that estimated time remaining never stop growing. The frames are the same to calculate (no more effects in some parts of the movie) but they are forever longer to calculate.

I'm now with 97 hours elapsed time and... 125 hours of estimated time remaining and it continue to grow...

I tried to purge memory but nothing.

I precise the format :

3900 x 1714 px

H264 (.mp4)

40 Mb/s.

Progressive

25 FPS.

I'm on an imac with 2.9Ghz i5 and 8Go RAM DDR3 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M 512 Mo

Thanks for you help.

Victor

• 1. Re: AME with anormal time of rendering.
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

We have no way of knowing why it takes so long.

We don't know the effects you are using.  We don't know if you have 3D layers.  We don't know if you have multiple lights, which slow things down.  We don't know if you are trying to use ray-tracing, which takes a REALLY long time.

However, we DO know that you're trying to make an h.264 file, which takes a bit longer and is also not good.  You should make your AE animations in a media container in a lossless codec.  Using it,. you can transcode to any kind of delivery specification.

• 2. Re: AME with anormal time of rendering.
            inkastudio Level 1

I use Paint Bucket (stamp) to erease 40 to 50 small (5x5pixels) tracking points. I used in anther comp trapcode particular with 200 particules/sec with no particular movements (no physics). This comp is inserted in the main comp with a polar coordinate (that's the watermark, and the film is mapped in a sphere, so polar coordinate is usefull to recreate flat images at the bottom of the sphere.

I'm actually creating VR films, unfortunately there is just the h.264 (.mp4) codec to be compatible with Samsung Gear VR Headset.

With Lossless codec i'll have a big big big movie..

I think it's the paint bucket that's slowing down rendering. But i don't understand why first frames are calculated in 20 seconds, and why later, similar frames with same effects are now calculated in 45 sec. To illustrate this i join screenshots.

Capture d’écran 2015-08-10 à 13.57.42.pngCapture d’écran 2015-08-12 à 18.30.17.png