• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 10 and Flash Player Issues

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded the new Windows 10 which states it has intergrated the flash player, however when I go to play videos and or watch videos on facebook and youtube it tells me my flash player is outdated and to go update.  I am not able to update the flash player as it then tells me I have it already installed and to check me setting to ensure I have it turn on, I have it turned on...  I have been in a endless loop with no resolution. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 16, 2015 Aug 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Flash version for IE and Edge are managed through windows updates:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48579

There is the direct DL to the update. I installed Windows 10 and experienced zero issues from start

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2015 Aug 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem with flash player in edge windows 10.  I read in a Microsoft forum to uninstall-reinstall flash player and it would fix the problem.  I uninstalled it but am now unable to reinstall.  I keep getting the same message that Flash Player is integrated with Windows 10.  How can I reinstall?  I followed your link, but it is for Windows 8 not Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the same thing. No answers on how to fix it. Just keep getting sent back to the test page where I get this message.

Either Flash Player is disabled or ActiveX Filter is ON.

Please follow trouble shooting steps to play Flash content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem on Facebook trying to watch video, and then being told to disable activex to be able to watch the videos cannot follow the instructions to do this as u have got to activate rich text, now one tells u how to do this bit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 22, 2015 Aug 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you all try running windows updates? I believe i mentioned that it is managed through there ..EOM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carm01  - the update page says it is updated.

Here is what I found... You have to use Google Chrome to get the video player to work. Edge apparently forces Chrome use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem after I installed Windows 10 this morning. I resolved the issue by clicking on the Windows icon (lower left bottom), then Settings and finding Windows Update. After I ran Windows Update, video plugin problems disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2015 Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did follow your suggestion gregmaz.  My Windows Update states "Your device is up to date. Last checked: Yesterday, ‏‎2:37 PM."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had Geek Squad attempt to fix the problem.  After working on my laptop for several hours they informed me that there is currently no fix for this issue.  They also said that there are many complaints about the problem.  So for the time being we will have to use either Explorer or Chrome for games and videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2015 Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is happening to me with Internet Explorer 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2016 Aug 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that Windows is referencing a folder that no longer exists.

The file is actually located here:

Windows is pointing to the wrong location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 19, 2016 Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bethsheets222@gmail.com

We are referring to the Flash player plugin and usage within the browser, Adobe Animate will be installed in its own location.

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2016 Aug 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have Same error, when I try to launch app from Facebook is does not load, first I thought it was system error so I did reset windows 10 , then tried to re launch app and it rights following: War Commander requires Flash Player 11.2 or greater. when I try to download from www.adobe.com it says that it has integrated flash player and everything is ok.

then I tried with chrome and it shows like this:

so can anybody help what to do?

I even download Facebook app for games there is the same, only difference: screen is dark blue .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2016 Aug 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As with any OS upgrade (versus a clean install), Windows 10 upgrades don't always go as planned (e.g. things don't always perform as expected afterwards).  Performing a Windows refresh may solve the issue:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One could always attempt to check for corrupt system files and repair them the following way:

I would suggest running the System File Checker to scan and possibly fix disc errors and corrupted files that might have occurred during the upgrade process as you could and might have been present. This will check and replace any corrupted system files and replace them with a good version.

That is command is(run in elevated command prompt 😞

sfc /scannow

Sometimes that will return an error in that case and find things but unable to fix them, then you will want to preform the following command in the following order:

1) DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

2) DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

3) DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Then try to run the System File Checker above to see if it corrects the issue with your install.( corrupt files )

A good easy to use guide is located here, and where I referenced a easy to follow guide on using these tools: How to use DISM command-line utility to repair a Windows 10 image | Windows Central

Best Regards

Please be sure to mark my post here helpful or answered if I assisted you

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried many ways and here is best solution: try downloading flash player by firefox the adobe doesnot says thatcitchas integrated plaer and you can update to latest version easily. It worked on me. Good luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2016 Aug 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloading Flash Player using Firefox will get you the NPAPI plugin.  Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE and Edge and all updates are released by Microsoft, as has been stated in the past.  If it's not working, and Flash Player is enabled, there could be an issue with permissions of the file system.  Solutions for these have also been provided here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2016 Sep 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, my way was working for 2 days now i have same issue.

more precise issue is here:

Re: Flash Player Issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 02, 2016 Sep 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Guide to Manually updating Flash Player for Windows

Best Regards

Please be sure to mark my post here helpful or answered if I assisted you

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines