3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2015 7:43 AM by gkaiseril

Can I install javascript in Acrobat DC?

mvic00 Level 1

Have a custom javascript that works for Acrobat XI Pro (desktop).

Normally installs in {C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 11.0\Acrobat\Javascripts}

Can't find any such folder with Acrobat DC.

1. Will my javascript for Acrobat XI even work with DC?

2. Can I get my developer to make me a new custom javascript for DC -- or is that impossible now?

• 1. Re: Can I install javascript in Acrobat DC?
          George_Johnson MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Yes, it's possible and the script should work just fine, assuming it's programmed correctly. On my Windows 10 system the two possible locations are:

App folder: /C/Program Files (x86)/Adobe/Acrobat DC/Acrobat/JavaScripts

User folder: /C/Users/George/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Acrobat/Privileged/DC/JavaScripts

For the user folder, the AppData folder is normally hidden, and you have to create the "..Privileged/DC/JavaScripts" folders (each one) manually since they are not automatically created when you install Acrobat.

• 2. Re: Can I install javascript in Acrobat DC?
            JoelGeraci_Datalogics Level 3

The path "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\Privileged\DC\JavaScripts" worked for you?

I had to use "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\Privileged\2015\JavaScripts"

J-

• 3. Re: Can I install javascript in Acrobat DC?
              gkaiseril MVP & Adobe Community Professional

You can get to the user Acrobat folders by entering:

%appdata%\adobe\acrobat

You can then create any missing folders that you need. Many user folders like the stamps or sequence folders will be created when you add the fist custom stamp or action sequence.

%appdata% is a windows system variable that can be used in MS-DOS commands to get to the user's application data and it created by the OS at startup.

Apparently there are 2 possible user folder for user folder level JavaScript and it depend upon which version of Acrobat DC is purchased or first installed. the subdirectory "2015" is needed when the first installed option is the subscription product.