4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2015 2:42 PM by Szalam

Library items do not update on compositions?

Sergeen

I just installed After Effects CC 2015 and I was really exited with the new library feature...

Now, I'm hoping that to be wrong but, there is no local library? I mean, I have to be connected to the internet to send my files to the internet and then download the same file to my computer again to use it? What?
      And another question once I put a element from the library in to a composition and I update the element in Photoshop, the library updates but the composition not... that is another what?

I work with UI Motion Study for Mobile and all the time clients changes elements in the design, re import and re position of this elements was always very time consuming. There is another workflow that anyone knows that uses a similar behaviour to this new library feature?

Thanks a lot for your time!

• 1. Re: Library items do not update on compositions?
          _RYAN_KELLY_

I just had a sort of similar question:Can AE copy an asset imported from cloud library to the folder the project file resides in?

I submitted a request to change the behavior so we can customize where the asset is saved as well as have an option to link the library asset as "dynamic" (as you stated above).

• 2. Re: Library items do not update on compositions?
            Tim Kurkoski Adobe Employee

Now, I'm hoping that to be wrong but, there is no local library? I mean, I have to be connected to the internet to send my files to the internet and then download the same file to my computer again to use it? What?

Libraries assets are managed locally on your computer before being synchronized to your Creative Cloud account. You do not need to be connected to the Internet to synchronize a library between Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, and other Creative Cloud applications. Once you are connected to the Internet, the local changes will be uploaded.

(The service that manages this is called CCLibrary, which you can see running in Activity Monitor on Mac OS or Task Manager on Windows whenever After Effects CC 2015 is open.)

And another question once I put a element from the library in to a composition and I update the element in Photoshop, the library updates but the composition not... that is another what?

In After Effects CC 2015, library assets that you import to your project become unlinked from the asset in the library. If a change is made to a library asset you are using, you will need to re-import the updated asset and replace the use of the original asset in your composition (ex., use Option/Alt + drag to the target layer in the composition). We are working on linked assets for a future version of After Effects.

The Creative Cloud Libraries team is continuing to evolve the functionality of Libraries. If you have specific requests, please don't hesitate to let us know: http://adobe.ly/feature_request

• 3. Re: Library items do not update on compositions?
              Sergeen Level 1

You are right! This works a lot better than I thought!

• 4. Re: Library items do not update on compositions?
                Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You are right! This works a lot better than I thought!

The libraries in CC are an under-appreciated feature. I really like them.