3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2015 12:12 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 13 not opening!

stevenm16991851

I had just used Premiere Elements 13 yesterday and it was working fine. Today when I went to access it, it will not open at all. Photoshop and everything else that I have works, except this. These are purchased items so I know it has nothing to do with a trial ending or anything like that. Please help!

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 13 not opening!
          A.T. Romano Level 7

stevenm

What is not opening - the whole program or one of the projects that you created and saved closed?

What computer operating system is involved? And, had you updated 13 to 13.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates?

Did you go through the usual drill

1. Does problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewalls disabled?

2. Is the video card/graphics card driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card or the manufacturer of the computer?

3. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements? And, are you running the programs from User Account with Administrative privileges as well as having Run As Administrator applied to the Premiere Elements desktop icon?

4. Are you running your computer with a working Internet connection?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 13 not opening!
            stevenm16991851 Level 1

Hey! Thanks for the response! I actually reinstalled Premiere onto my computer and now everything is working fine. I'm not sure exactly why it wouldn't open before, but this seemed to fix the problem, Thanks again!

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 13 not opening!
              A.T. Romano Level 7

stevenm

Great news. Great job.

Thanks for the follow up and glad to know you are moving forward in your Premiere Elements projects.

Best wishes.

ATR