1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 13, 2015 1:56 PM by A.T. Romano

After Windows 10 Upgrade cannot burn a DVD

osprey20@MSN.COM

After Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 I get the following message when I try to burn a DVD

"Something is preventing a successful DVD burn.

Use the ISO image saved at the following location to burn your disk later:

C:\Users\Kenneth\Documents\2015-08-09 Worship Svc.iso"

Is there a setting I missed in the upgrade?  Also, I cannot locate the ISO image file mentioned or at least I do not see it in that directory?

• 1. Re: After Windows 10 Upgrade cannot burn a DVD
          A.T. Romano Level 7

osprey20

What you describe is probably a Premiere Elements 13/13.1 issue that you could run into on Windows 8.1 64 bit or Windows 10 64 bit.

It just so happens that it happened on Windows 10. I did the same upgrade that you did and all my Premiere Elements programs survived successfully. One of the first things that I checked after the upgrade was the burn to for DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc and AVCHD on DVD disc.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: Premiere Elements On Windows 10 Daily Discoveries

Based on your description of your results, please go to Edit Menu/Preferences/General and look at the effects of with and without the following preference disabled

"Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 or higher)"

Also go to the Encoded Files Folder and delete its contents (temporary disc encoding files)? Make sure that this folder is located in an area with lots of free hard drive space. See Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks and the Disk Encoding category which traces back to the hard drive Encoded Files Folder.

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR