You can download and install Creative Cloud and have it signed in on two computers, as long as you only actively use it on one at a time.
Download and install as you did on the first computer, sign in to your Adobe account on the Adobe website using your Adobe ID, download the Cloud desktop app, then download the software. Sign out on a computer that you will not be using: sign in and sign out of the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app
You can download the Creative Cloud desktop app from here :
Creative Cloud Help | Creative Cloud for desktop.
After you install the Creative Cloud desktop application , you will need to sign in with an Adobe ID and Password. Then you can install apps. This link offers more information and step by step instructions if you need it: Creative Cloud Help | Download, install, update, or uninstall apps
Be sure to sign in to activate your apps:
Please refer to this link if you still see trial/buy:
I have a similar problem and I cannot find a solution.
I've bought and installed the Photography package (PS+LR) on 18 Aug; i've installed both apps on my PC and Mac and they work as full versions on the former and as trial version on the latter.
I've followed all the instructions for installation step by step. Moreover I've tried the following:
- To disconnect from my PC Adobe account before downloading/installing/using the apps on Mac --> still trial versions on Mac
- To follow the instrucions here: Creative Cloud applications revert to trial mode after an update to CC 2015 --> still trial versions on Mac
- To sign out and in one zillion times, with all possible configurations on both computers (and of course I've tried also to sign in on Mac after signing off from my PC) --> still trial versions on Mac
- To discuss this issue in Adobe support chat --> the guy told me that the platforms of the two computers must be the same, but this is not true - please look at the FAQ at the end of page, fourth topic: Download and install Adobe Creative Cloud apps
- To set "english international" as language, as suggested somewhere in your help support --> still trial versions on Mac
Note: on my Mac, when I sign out and in again in Photoshop, the trial welcome page ask me if I want to buy the full version. I've noticed that the price is in euro, not in USD. My Mac was bought in Italy, while my PC was bought in US, so could be some area/region mismatch that creates troubles? I've set my language as english, by the way
I've opened a ticket, but if you can explain this to me here it would be faster and perhaps useful to someone else, I think
You are allowed to have creative cloud installed and signed in on two computers if you wish, including one mac and one PC, as long as you only use it on one at a time.
I imagine if you go to adobe.com and look in the bottom left corner, you can select your region by clicking on “change region” if it has not yet been set, or (change) next to the current selection to change it. That might make the currency look correct and region related stuff on adobe web pages.
for the Trial/Buy issue, please check and clean your hosts file as explained in #3 of this document :
Sign in, activation, or connection errors | CS5.5 and later, Acrobat DC
If that doesn't help and you still have issues, I suggest you contact support and give them your previous ticket number for additional assistance
I've cleaned the host file and now it works,
Thank you for your help
You are very welcome, Luca. I am glad it worked for you.