3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2015 7:00 AM by JimHess

How to update LR6 standalone to LR6.1.1? [was: Is Adobe really going to *force* me to purchase CC?]

kendalls93766620 Level 1

I just bought LR 6 standalone in June 2015 and now 6.1.1 is out with a fix for D810, a new camera I just bought, and I cannot get this fix because I'm a stand-alone product. How can I get the 6.1.1 update for the standalone desktop version?

• 1. Re: Is Adobe really going to *force* me to purchase CC?
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Of course you are not going to be forced to go to the creative cloud. The update should be available thru your application manager. However, if it isn't then you can download it directly from:

Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

• 2. Re: Is Adobe really going to *force* me to purchase CC?
            kendalls93766620 Level 1

The application manager, opened from "Help -> Updates..." in the standalone/perpetual version (not CC) menu option, always states my LR 6 is "Up to date" at version 6.0. I've been checking this periodically since June:

Screen Shot 2015-08-15 at 12.52.00 PM.png

I inadvertently downloaded/updated the Adobe Application Manager for CC desktop client and that was a mistake. Now when I select "Help -> Updates..." I get a total different dialog that is all about CC applications telling me to try/buy them.  It indicates I have installed LR 6 CC 2015.  This is not correct as I do not have CC, I have perpetual and I have not subscribed to CC intentionally or unintentionally. In this dialog it too said my LR 6 CC 2015 was "up to date". Go figure. Since it "thinks" I have LR 6 CC 2015, and it claims I was up to date, I chose to uninstall it using the Adobe Application Manager for CC desktop client.  Yep, that uninstalled my LR 6 perpetual.  So I then reinstalled LR 6 perpetual, and luckily I saved all my LR 6 metadata prior to the uninstall.  I also found and uninstalled the Adobe Application Manager for CC desktop client. Goodbye to that unwanted solicitation.  Now everything is back to normal.

So the lesson learned here is that the non-CC application manager from "Help -> Updates..." is not going to tell me about any new updates. Sad.  The Adobe Application Manager for CC desktop client is going to solicit you to try/buy CC stuff.

However, the link provided did in fact update my standalone/perpetual version to 6.1.1.  I will hang on to that link. Thank you.