2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2015 7:01 PM by MattRTHA

LR 6 failing to serialize

MattRTHA

Hello all,

I really hope I can find someone with the answer I need here because Adobe chat support staff has failed me for months now.

First of all, let me start by saying that I bought the standalone version of LR6 when it came out earlier this year. It was running fine for months. When it started up, it was the LR 6 splash page. Then one day in June I got a message from Adobe App Manager saying I had 3600 days left on my trial. I found that a bit odd, but thought it was just a glitch. Then when I went to open LR6 the next day, I got the LRCC splash page. I don't have a LRCC membership, nor any of the products. I contacted Adobe CS and they led me to the "serialization how to guide". I followed it step by step and it didn't work. I went back to Adobe CS and they told me to uninstal/resintal LR. I did so and still had the same problem. I follow every step for serialization, I input my product key, but upon reopening the product still has LRCC. I even created a new adobe id because some people found that a conflict of CC and the standalone was causing the problem, but it didn't work for me. Now I am at my wits end. I have had Adobe Tech support remotely access my computer and do all the steps for me because they thought I wasn't doing something properly, yet even they didn't get it to work. Now I am running LRCC expired trial software without any of the capabilities I had months back when LR6 was running properly for me. I have uninstalled and reinstalled every single adobe product I had on my Mac (OSX 10.9.5) and the issue didn't resolve.

Does anyone know what is wrong?

I have included the script that I get when I look up the LR software information.

What really bugs me about this hole thing is that I can't merge photos, edit photos in..., or do a host of things that I could prior to LR6 wonking out on me. Plus, my catalogs are now updated and can't be used in my LR5.

Any help is much appreciated!

• 1. Re: LR 6 failing to serialize
          F. McLion Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Just to make sure a few things first:

You did follow this, right?

Did you buy the upgrade?

At the time when you did install and try to serialize LR6, there still was LR5 installed on the computer?

Your serial starts with 1160 and has numbers only?

• 2. Re: LR 6 failing to serialize
            MattRTHA Level 1

Yes. I did follow the instructions provided in the link.

I upgraded May 15th. Until June 22, everytime I opened LR6, the splash page was LR6, but in June I got my first problem and along with it the splash page turned into LRCC. At the time of my first instal I did have LR5 still installed, but when I had LR5 installed for the first time I had LR4 and no conflicts arose. The last time I tried resolving this issue I took off all Adobe software and reinstalled LR6, CS6, and AAM.

My serial starts with1160, yes.