5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2015 8:01 AM by Iggorr25

JetStrike help

Iggorr25 Level 1

Hi I am watching the "Missile Launch Tutorial with JetStrike" from VC by Andrew Kramer. I was thinking of using the same method for making a scene where the pilot ejects from a plane specifically the Joint Strike model. The problem I am having is that in the Mesh list for the model I can not find the pilot seat, In order to put it into group 2 and animate it flying out of the plane.... any idea on how I can do this? I am using Element 1.6.2So far I have the Jet on group 1 and the canopy on group 2 and like this I can animate the canopy flying of....now I only need the seat of the pilot on group 3....... So how can I do this?

• 1. Re: JetStrike help
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The model may not have a separate mesh for pilot seat. I don't have it so I don't know. I'd open the model in a 3D app and dig through the properties and meshes to try and find it, name it, and if necessary separate it from other meshes. Your best place to look for answers is on the video co-pilot website. Blender, a free and open source 3D app should be able to open just about any model and dig through the meshes if you don't have anything else.

• 2. Re: JetStrike help
            Iggorr25 Level 1

Aha cool I will try something like that, I have posted this same thing on VC forum but no reply for now. At least you gave me a option i can look into THX

• 3. Re: JetStrike help
              Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Since Cinema 4D comes free with AE, you might be able to use that too.

• 4. Re: JetStrike help
                Iggorr25 Level 1

THX for the advice But I ended up using a much more easy way. I added a simple PLANE object in the scene and set a picture of a Pilot seat as the texture layer for the plane works great Now I have a new thing I need help with if I do not solve it soon I will make a new post about that....

• 5. Re: JetStrike help
                  Iggorr25 Level 1

Well It took me long time to make this for some reason but I did it in the end. There are some mistakes but I am happy with how it turned out THX a lot for the help People, tell me what you think

Me landing A jet - YouTube