8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2015 7:27 PM by ManiacJoe

PS Lightroom CC 2015.1.1 importing from card in random order rather than sequential

David Polzine

Macbook Pro 15" Early 2011 Mac OS X 10.10.5 16GB RAM

Lightroom 2015.1.1 Camera Raw 9.1.1

Catalog on MacBook Internal

Photos on Firewire 800 external

USB 2.0 Card Reader

Nikon D300 RAW files

It seems there has been a change to either the import behavior and/or the View -> Sort -> default settings.

I have been using LR since a pre 1.0 beta and haven't changed the default setting above for many versions if ever so I can't say for certain what the default setting was. Today I imported a batch of RAW images which included a number of burst sequences such as cliff divers, surfers. When I import from a card I also change the name to something logical like "surfers" and append the date and a sequence number using a preset [customName][date (YYYYMMDD)][sequence (begining with 1)].

Prior to the latest PS CC Lightroom upgrade that has always resulted in incoming images being displaying AND being named in sequential order i.e. Surfer.date.1=man on cliff; Surfer.date.2=man in mid air; Surfer.date.3=man entering water.

Today however it resulted in the images both displaying in the Library and being numbered out of order i.e. Surfer.date.3=man entering water; Surfer.date.1=man on cliff; Surfer.date.2=man in mid air.

When I went looking for a cause, I found my View -> Sort set to "Added Order" and changing it to "Capture Time" but got the same results which I compared to the numbering sequence of the raw files on the card and they were still out of sequence!

I think I can fix it by changing the custom name template to use the camera sequence number instead of a Lightroom Driven one but this is definitely a bug in the latest version.

Can anyone tell me how to file a bug with the Lightroom Team?

Thanks,

David