3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2015 10:31 AM by garyvet1

Lightroom crashed

garyvet1 Level 1

Lightroom crashed & I lost all of my LR data.  When I reinstalled the files the folders didn't separate & I have one larger folder for each year.  Do I need to deleter & copy each folder separately or is there another way easier?

• 1. Re: Lightroom crashed
          F. McLion Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What do we ask first in many threads because we need it to be able help you?

LR version?

OS and version?

Also, what did you mean with "reinstall the files"? The photos? Are you able to open the catalog you have been working with before the crash?

You description of the current issue is not clear, please elaborate ..

• 2. Re: Lightroom crashed
            Keith_Reeder Level 4

F. McLion wrote:

What do we ask first in many threads because we need it to be able help you?

ASK- Forum Success Guide: Efficiently using the forums

• 3. Re: Lightroom crashed
              garyvet1 Level 1

Sorry about not being complete.

I have OS Yosemite 10.10.3- LR version 5.7

When I bring up my catalog I have no pictures.  I have all of my pictures as it seemed to back them up but they don't come up when I ask for the catalog.  I'm not sure if I backed things up wrong or something else.  If I can't find my LR data for each picture I would at least like to have them separated into the original folders, but when I imported them into LR they didn't separate into individual folders. Any help would be appreciated.  I assume when you backup each catalog that all of the LR date is supposed to be there also

Thanks Gary