3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2015 8:55 PM by ManiacJoe

Lightroom 4 disabled after trying CC demo????

jima78054005

Downloaded CC demo of Lightroom to try out.

Have no need or interest to upgrade after trying it out.

I can no longer use my original Lightroom 4 and am reverted to a partial useable CC version (Develop mode disabled)

Brings up message- "Lightroom will open with reduced functionality. Please go to "Help- Manage my account" to purchase a membership to reactivate this module"

WHY CAN I NOT REVERT BACK TO MY LIGHTROOM 4?

• 1. Re: Lightroom 4 disabled after trying CC demo????
          ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

What do you mean by "I can no longer use my original Lightroom 4"?

LR4 and LR 6/cc are a side by side install. LR4 is still there unless you uninstalled it. However, LR6 may have taken over your LR4 desktop shortcut.

Mac or Windows?

When you started up LR 6/cc, it migrated your LR4 catalog to a new LR6 formatted catalog with a "-2" at the end of the name. This LR6 catalog will not be usable in LR4, but your LR4 catalog is still there, just as you left it.

• 2. Re: Lightroom 4 disabled after trying CC demo????
            jima78054005 Level 1

I loaded the CC demo as a trial.

The trial expired and now, as I try to open LR it attempts to open CC

stating that the trial has expired.

So I've tried to open up previous versions (as well as older, non-CC

catalogs) and they too revert to trying to open up CC, and there direct me

to the prompt stating "develop module disabled, etc" and that a purchase

must be made.

All of my upgrades since purchasing LR3 have been via upload so I am now

loading my old LR3 disk simply to get stuff going......

T <http://www.jimauerphotography.com>hanks for reaching out.....any help

would be appreciated.

• 3. Re: Lightroom 4 disabled after trying CC demo????
              ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

How are you trying to start LR?

I can see where LR6 has taken over your LRCAT association so that you cannot just double click on a catalog. (You can fix this.)

I can see where LR6 might have taken over your desktop icon. (You can fix this.)

However, you should be able to go to the old program directory and double-click the EXE.