I have changed my email address/Adobe ID with both my library and Adobe. However, my desktop application will not accept my password to deauthorize my account on it. It keeps saying try again later. I have uninstalled the software twice, hoping that would work, but it always comes back with the old email address. I can no longer download library books as I get the Error! Check Applicaton box. The library is downloading with my new ID and the desktop will only see the old ID. Anyone have any suggestion? Adobe chat session was useless. They said to come here for help.
@Kathy : try this :
If the deauthorizing process is unsuccessful on Windows, it is possible to modify the
registry to remove the activation information.
1. Close all applications.
2. Choose Start > Run.
3. In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
4. In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key:
5. Select the Adept key.
6. Choose File > Export.
7. In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range.
Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.
8. Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.
9. In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
10. Close the Registry Editor.
11. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.
Or you can tweet @AdobeCare, you'll have a prompt reaction.
Wish you luck !