2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2015 4:38 AM by Rick Gerard

Why does my clone stamp disappear after I save?!

ActionJaXon Level 1

Ok, I am using the clone stamp to get rid of something in my clip that I don't want there. I have done this 5 times already!!! No tutorials I have watched explain this to me. So I went thru every frame and got rid of everything I wanted, and saved my project. When I reopened it, the clones stamps I made are simply gone! They appear in the timeline, but are NO WHERE IN my clip and I have adjusted every knob in the drop down I saw and still nothing. WTF is this?! these bugs are getting ridiculous!!! HELP ME! There was even a point when I didn't close my project and stepped away, and then they were just gone!

• 1. Re: Why does my clone stamp disappear after I save?!
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Nobody can tell you anything without proper system info or other technical details. We don't even know your version of AE much less anything about your comp and timeline clone settings.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Why does my clone stamp disappear after I save?!
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This is most likely user error. Anything visible in the Active Camera view in the Composition Panel should render. To figure out exactly what went wrong you need to carefully retrace your workflow. It's impossible for us to guess where you went wrong without details.

If this is the first time that you have used the clone stamp tool then I suggest that you type 'clone stamp' or clone in the Search Help field at the top right corner of AE and go through some of the information and tutorials you'll find there. Only about 5% of AE can be used successfully by someone with no training.