8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2015 5:15 AM by erics45825902

Random errors/issue with edge.6.0.0.min.js when launching my Edge Animate project to live server

erics45825902 Level 1

I'm trying to launch my first Edge Animate project, but occasionally get a javascript error. It isn't every time I load the page, but I'd say maybe 1 out of every 8 or so. It isn't even the same line in the code each time. Below is an example of what I see.

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.

Script: edge.6.0.0.min.js:105

Note this doesn't seem to be a problem locally (when I view the project in Preview mode) or publish to the publish/web folder on my computer. Just when I upload it to the server and try to access it there. Could there be a conflict with other scripts on the page? Any ideas?

I tried googling to see if other people have been experiencing the same issue with the javascript and/or the preloader. I tried adding the following to the page, but it did not fix my issue.

<script type="text/javascript">

AdobeEdge.bootstrapCallback(function(compId) {
        comp = AdobeEdge.getComposition(compId).getStage();
        AdobeEdge.Symbol.bindElementAction(compId, 'stage', 'document', 'compositionReady', function(sym, e) {
        comp.play();
        });
      });
      </script>

Please help,  I need help and/or a solution soon.