1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 15, 2015 9:10 PM by A.T. Romano

Constantly Crashing Adobe PE 12?

mcconnon12

Ever since I bought PE 12; it crashes constantly. This is my first Adobe product and I am extremely disappointed. It crashed so much I stopped using it. I needed to do some video editing today and thought maybe the bugs were fixed. NOPE!!

I am using a PC Windows 10.

Anyone else having this issue? If not, how can I get this annoyance fixed.

• 1. Re: Constantly Crashing Adobe PE 12?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

mcconnon12

Premiere Elements 12/12.1 is supported by Windows 10 Pro and Home - been there and done that. My general observations on Premiere Elements and Windows 10 is that the program problems and successes are the same before and after the upgrade of the computer operating system to Windows 10.

Did you have these Premiere Elements 12/12.1 problems before you moved to Windows 10?

Let us go through the usual drill questions...

1. Have you updated 12 to 12.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates?

2. Do the problems exist with and without antivirus and firewalls disabled?

3. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime 7 installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements and are you running the program from a user account with administrative privileges?

4. Is your video card/graphics card driver up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card or the manufacturer of the computer?

5. What is a description of your computer resources? And, do they meet Premiere Elements 12/12.1 System Requirements?

6.. What are you doing in the program immediately before the crash occurs? Is there a profile for this? How large is the project at the time of crash?

7. What are the properties of the files that you are importing in a project? Files from the same camera? Brand/model/settings for the camera that recorded the video? Photos grossly oversized for the project settings? What are you (manually) or the project (automatically) setting as the project preset to match the properties of the source media?

8. Are your crashes in the Premiere Elements 12/12.1 Editor, in the Elements Organizer 12/12.1, or both?

Let us start here, and then we can decide what next.

Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks.

ATR