2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2015 10:33 AM by flying-eddie

Including dimensions to the file name when exporting

flying-eddie

Hi, after I exported some pics with resizing to smaller dimensions, the dimensions within the user defined file name are the size of the origin and not of the resized pic. Am I doing something wrong here or is it a bug? It just can't be intentionally since it wouldn't make sense to name a file with wrong dimensions.

Thanks for any help.

• 1. Re: Including dimensions to the file name when exporting
          F. McLion Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It respects size that it has been cropped to in develop, but not limits you set in the export.

• 2. Re: Including dimensions to the file name when exporting
            flying-eddie Level 1

Thanks for your answer!

Maybe you misunderstood me. I'm resizing the pics rather than cropping. The point is, that I don't know the resulting size before exporting. For example I set the target max. dimensions to W x H 1200 x 800. The original is 1400 x 800, in this case it will be resized to a width of 1200 pixels and to keep the aspect ratio the height will be calculated accordingly. In case of exporting about 100 pics it would take me forever to do it manually.

Of course I can set up the export, but not to include the target dimensions of the exportet result within the file name. For my taste it is very handy to have the dimensions of a pic as part of the file name.