11 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2015 9:56 AM by Greg Baber

Using Clip at Events - Question on mutiple devices/accounts

GMiddlemiss

So, I've got a bit of a complicated scenario which is around the running of an event I'm working on for my employer.

We're running a staff engagement event/conference.  We want the delegates to complete a number of tasks, all on iPads - which we are hiring for the occasion.

I have planned the activities, and we will be giving them a range of the new Adobe CC Mobile apps and tasking them to produce an item of media that demonstrates their understanding of key business objectives.

They will be split into groups of 5, and each group will get an iPad.  The groups will be randomly assigned different tasks.  For example, one will have to produce an animated video with voiceover using the Voice. app.  Another will have to produce a 'live action' video or interview/chat show scenario using Premiere Clip.  Other groups may produce a website using Slate. (hopefully you can see where I'm going here).

There are 2 things I need to try to find out:

1. Are there existing 'one-page' quick guides to the CC apps so that I can put these in the delegate information packs as a supporting document to give them an idea of how to use the apps to produce their media? (these are frontline staff who wouldnt normally be producing videos or media etc)
        !
      2. With regards to the CC 'in-app' purchase of 20gb of online storage - is this tied to an iTunes account, or to an Adobe account?

All of the iPads are hired, and come with a standard itunes account which is not tied to a payment mechanism (this is obviously to prevent users buying apps on the suppliers account).  I would like to get 1 month of the additional online storage for a number of different Adobe accounts but I'm not sure how to do this?  I only need the storage for one month - it's not an event we'd repeat, I just want to be able to ensure all the produced content is backed up so I can retrieve it after the event

Hopefully that makes some sense.  Can anyone advise on either point?

• 1. Re: Using Clip at Events - Question on mutiple devices/accounts
          Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Hi G Middlemiss,

There are 2 things I need to try to find out:

1. Are there existing 'one-page' quick guides to the CC apps so that I can put these in the delegate information packs as a supporting document to give them an idea of how to use the apps to produce their media? (these are frontline staff who wouldnt normally be producing videos or media etc)

See if this link would help your delegates: video tutorials Mobile apps tutorials | Learn how to use Adobe mobile apps

Most of our tutorials are not in .pdf format for Premiere Clip, (there are a number of video tutorials, however) so check the .pdf that Bronwyn linked to.

You can also create print outs from our FAQ forum: Premiere Clip FAQ

1. With regards to the CC 'in-app' purchase of 20gb of online storage - is this tied to an iTunes account, or to an Adobe account?

All of the iPads are hired, and come with a standard itunes account which is not tied to a payment mechanism (this is obviously to prevent users buying apps on the suppliers account).  I would like to get 1 month of the additional online storage for a number of different Adobe accounts but I'm not sure how to do this?  I only need the storage for one month - it's not an event we'd repeat, I just want to be able to ensure all the produced content is backed up so I can retrieve it after the event

Are you going to need 20 GB for each delegate? If you are using CC mobile apps, that will require a free trial of Creative Cloud, which includes 2 GB of free cloud storage. Wouldn't that work?

Thanks,
          Kevin

• 2. Re: Using Clip at Events - Question on mutiple devices/accounts
            GMiddlemiss Level 1
            1. With regards to the CC 'in-app' purchase of 20gb of online storage - is this tied to an iTunes account, or to an Adobe account?

Are you going to need 20 GB for each delegate? If you are using CC mobile apps, that will require a free trial of Creative Cloud, which includes 2 GB of free cloud storage. Wouldn't that work?

Thanks,
            Kevin

Hi Kevin, thanks so much for responding.

So this is actually kinda complicated... So I will try to explain it and hope I can get it across clearly... I have failed before so fingers crossed this will make sense to you!

The situation is:

Delegates at our event are split into groups of 50.  Let's call that group the 'Green' group.  The Green group, is further subdivided into 'teams' of 5 delegates, and each team of 5 will receive an iPad, and one of 10 specific media challenges.  As an example, one 'team' may be tasked with producing an interview style video with Clip, another may produce a music video or movie trailer with Clip.  Other groups will be tasked with producing an informative website with Slate, animated video with voiceover using Voice and so on.  The elected leaders of the 'Green' group then choose the best of the 10 different media created and present back to a panel, which will judge the overall 'Green' group collaborative effort.

So as you can see, there's a lot of stuff being created.  I would like to tie all the ipads in the 'Green' group together using a single CC login if this is possible - we can provide the login details to the group leaders to share amongst their groups - that way, the delegates can save/publish their media to the same CC storage account, keeping it all in one place - and I can then retrieve it later at the end of the event as it will have synced to the Cloud.  That's why I'd like to use the 20Gb option if this was feasible as you can see there could be quite a lot of content they produce.

Now I need to add another level of complexity... the 'Green' group is one of five at the event.  Which means, I need to do this five times... there will be 250 delegates at the overall event - each split down as above and given the same challenges/tools/resources.

(Hopefully you're not too confused by this!)

The additional layer of complexity is that this event is one of three.  We run one on a Monday, one on a Wednesday and a final one on a Friday.  Three events, 900 delegates, and a lot of media to collate!

Hopefully that hasn't scared you too much because it sure is scaring me at times!

• 3. Re: Using Clip at Events - Question on mutiple devices/accounts
              petergaraway Adobe Employee

Hi Greig,

That sounds like an awesome project and this can definitely get done using a single CC account. You have the right idea. Sign into the desired CC account on all 5 devices. Create the content from the respected applications and then you would log into your CC account on Adobe.com to access all of the content.

If you have any questions along the way feel free to right here or send me a direct message.

Good luck!

Peter Garaway

• 4. Re: Using Clip at Events - Question on mutiple devices/accounts
                GMiddlemiss Level 1

Hey Peter,

Thanks for confirming this will work - very relieved to hear it.

Question now is though, how do I get 5 x Adobe ID's with the additional 20GB storage for a short period of time.  My understanding is that you'd log into the adobe Account on the iPad and it would be an iTunes purchase? The problem is I'd like to do this in advance of the event, as otherwise we will have to log in on each of 60 ipads... !

Can you advise further?  We'd only need the upgraded storage for a month or so.

thanks,

Greig

• 5. Re: Using Clip at Events - Question on mutiple devices/accounts
                  petergaraway Adobe Employee

Hi Greig,

This is not my area of expertise but let me look into it. I'll get back to you directly. Thanks!

Peter Garaway

• 6. Re: Using Clip at Events - Question on mutiple devices/accounts
                    Greg Baber Adobe Employee

Hello,

The storage amount that's available in Premiere Clip is actually tied to a Creative Cloud subscription.  If you have a free account, you can get 2 GB of storage.  If you are a paid member, you can get 20 GB of storage. 

The easy way to do this is to pay for a subscription.  We do offer single app subscriptions that include 20 GB of storage, which you can purchase on a monthly basis, meaning they can be cancelled at any time.  A monthly plan for Premiere Pro as a standalone app would be 29.99 a month, and would give you the opportunity to edit those videos created in Clip on a PC (an amazing functionality)  If you cancel as soon as your event is over, you could limit it to just 29.99 per ID.

If that price is too high, I understand.  I am also investigating if there are any other options available, but I cannot make any guarantees on that front.

Thanks,

Greg

• 7. Re: Using Clip at Events - Question on mutiple devices/accounts
                      GMiddlemiss Level 1

Thanks for the input folks.  The amount isn't really an issue - it's a big corporate event and it's a drop in the ocean in terms of the budget - I had believed that we needed to upgrade the storage via an in-app purchase which is the issue - as I would have to log into the ipads directly to then make the purchase with a payment card.  The issue is more that we do not receive the iPads until the night before the event (they are hired, and they come preloaded with my selection of apps), and there are 70 iPads in total we are renting... it's just that I would like to have this all done in advance and I could just give out the 5 login details for 5 accounts... hopefully that makes sense!

• 8. Re: Using Clip at Events - Question on mutiple devices/accounts

You would sign up for the plan on our website for each Adobe ID - there's no need to wait until you have the iPads in hand.

• 9. Re: Using Clip at Events - Question on mutiple devices/accounts
                          KoMaruyama Adobe Community Professional

i hate to be the monkey in the wrench, but unless I am mistaken, you may have to log in again when you get to the event venue, if there is a change in the the change in WiFi zones.

one thing to consider is to tape the ID/PW onto each of the ipads. When then event is done, change the password.

IF you're using CC Teams, it's really easy to deauthorize the accounts from one workstation.

dont forget to have the rental agency install ADOBE HUE

and there are few other gotchas I've encountered with multiple units, the main one = sync space

• 10. Re: Using Clip at Events - Question on mutiple devices/accounts
                            GMiddlemiss Level 1

I guess what I'm not clear about is *what* to sign up for.

All I need to do is get additional storage space for the iPad apps. I don't need a subscription to CC Single desktop apps.  But the only way I can see to do this for storage space only is via iTunes as an in-app purchase, I don't see the option to get this storage only via the Adobe website which is why I'm not clear how to do this.

The only option I could therefore see is to create new iTunes accounts and adobe accounts, sign into them all one by one on my personal iPad, pay via card in ITunes, then reset my own iPad to my personal account.

whether we pay £2 or £20 for the five accounts, I don't mind, I'd just like the easiest to manage option.

• 11. Re: Using Clip at Events - Question on mutiple devices/accounts

There is no option for just additional storage on the Adobe website.  To get the extra space, you will need a Creative Cloud subscription.  The most practical option for you is to sign up for the single app plan of the application of your choice, and make sure it is the "Billed Monthly" version of the contract.  With the monthly billing option, you can cancel at any time without a penalty.

You will have to do this on our website - Adobe.com - for each Adobe ID that you want to use.  The cost will come out to 29.95 for each ID

Alternatively, you can purchase the additional storage through iTunes like you stated, but it will require creating new iTunes accounts, logging into them one at a time, pay for the additional storage, then resetting your iPad.  And you will have to repeat the process when the event is over (as the charges do recur)

Greg

1 person found this helpful