8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2015 2:24 PM by A.T. Romano

Scene contains beginning part of next scene

masteryoda21

I have video set up as follows:

[main menu marker]Scene 1[stop marker][main menu marker]Scene 2[stop marker][main menu marker]Scene 3[stop marker]

When playing the video on DVD the first frame of Scene 3 appears in Scene 1, and the first frame of Scene 3 appears in Scene 3.

see attached edit line.

Premier.png

How can I fix this issue?

• 1. Re: Scene contains beginning part of next scene
          A.T. Romano Level 7

masteryoda21

Version 13/13.1 on what computer operating systems?

Some things to clear up first...

1. Get rid of the stop marker at the end of the last Timeline content. It is not needed there and is the cause of burn to disc errors.

2. When you apply the Movie Theme, Tools/Movie Menu/, in the display area where you select your theme, remove any check mark next to

"Add menu markers automatically for me". That refers to scene markers.

3. What kind of a menu scheme have you established - one main menu page with room for 3 main menu buttons for each of your 3 clips? No Scene Selection Button nor Scene Selection page?

Let us try this first and then we can decide what next if necessary.

Clip 1

Main Menu Marker at the beginning of the first frame of the first clip.

Stop Marker at the end of the last frame of the first clip.

2 to 3 frames gap

Clip 2

Main Menu Marker at the beginning of the first frame of the second clip

Stop Marker at the end of the last frame of the second clip

2 to 3 frames gap

Clip 3

Main Menu Marker at the beginning of the first frame of the third clip

NO Stop Marker at the end of the last frame of the third clip (if the third clip is the last item in the Timeline content).

If you want to read Timeline frames instead of Timecode, hold down the Ctrl key and click on the Timecode under the Edit area monitor.

Use Page down to go left to right, from beginning of first clip to the next

Use Page up to go right to left, from the end of third clip to the beginning of the third clip and to the beginning of the second clip to the beginning of the first clip.

Any questions or clarification needed, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Scene contains beginning part of next scene
            masteryoda21 Level 1

I am using Premier elements 13.1 on Windows 7 OS.

I have one main menu page for each of the three scenes. (See attached).

Premier main menu.png

How do I ad 2 to 3 frames gap?   Is there an instructional video?

Thank you.

• 3. Re: Scene contains beginning part of next scene
              A.T. Romano Level 7

masteryoda21

Thanks for the reply.

After you have applied the main menu marker at the first frame of the first clip....

Example...at the end of the last frame of the  first clip, you place a stop marker. Then you tap the computer keyboard right arrow key 3 times to get the 3 frames gap. Each tap = 1 frame.

Timecode1.JPG

The Timecode below the monitor read 00;00;05;00 before I hit the right arrow key 3 times to get a 3 seconds gap. After the taps, the Timecode then reads

00;00;05;03 (hours;minutes;seconds;frames.

At this point, you select the second clip, and click and drag it to snap to the position of the Timeline Indicator. Then you apply a main menu marker to the beginning frame of the second clip. ...and so on.

Miscellaneous...

a. use the -+ slider above the Timeline to expand the view of the Timeline

b. assure that you have Timeline Snap enabled....to do that, right click in an empty section of the track, and make sure to have a check mark next to Snap.

Let us know if that works for you. If not, I will rewrite. Please refer to post 1 for further details.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Scene contains beginning part of next scene
                masteryoda21 Level 1

I did what you said and put 3 frames of black between scene 1 & scene 2.

I needed to put 10 frames of black between scene 2 & scene 3 and it works out fine, except the last frame of scene 2 appears as the first frame of scene 3.

Scene 3 frames no longer appear at the end of scene 2.

See screen capture below.

Any ideas?pilates-2.jpg

• 5. Re: Scene contains beginning part of next scene
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

masteryoda21

Thanks for the update.

Please try the following which I hope might give us some confirmation and perspective on the matter.

From your screenshots, you have been working in the Quick workspace of Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Windows 7 64 bit.

Please switch to the Expert workspace and Video Track 1, and repeat what you have been doing in the Quick workspace with regard to the placement of main menu markers and stop markers in your 3 videos.

Same results, whether 0, 3, or 10 frames between clips?

ATR

• 6. Re: Scene contains beginning part of next scene
                    masteryoda21 Level 1

I tried what you suggested.   To reiterate:

1) add scene 1

2) add 10 frames via step forward

3) add scene 2

4) add 10 frames via step forward

But in this case scene 2 begin directly after scene 1.

What am I doing wrong?

• 7. Re: Scene contains beginning part of next scene
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

masteryoda21

Thanks for the follow up. Need to think about this some more in the morning.

I was almost certain that working in the Expert workspace would point to the whys for your issue.

I will work on this in the morning to come up with some type of definite test to resolve this.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: Scene contains beginning part of next scene
                        masteryoda21 Level 1

I did what you suggested in Expert mode and it worked.

I had been working in Quick mode.

• 9. Re: Scene contains beginning part of next scene
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

masteryoda21

That is very great news. Wonderful job of spotting where we were separating in details and then following through to success.

The Expert workspace is preferred since you can better see what is going on and thus have more control over the workflow.

You should be OK now. I do not know if you want to take the time to try to iron out the wrinkles when you do this in Quick - if it can be done in Quick. We can give that another look if it would be worthwhile for you.

Right now, I am very pleased with your success and glad that you stayed with the troubleshooting suggestions.

Best wishes

ATR