5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2015 2:24 PM by A.T. Romano

Transcoding error in premiere elements 10

robertm16253435

Dear Adobe,

After spending hours of finding the right solutions for my problem i decided to contact you and ask for help.

I was keep browsing the adobe forums how to solve "transcoding error" when i try to burn my project to dvd.

I think i tried everything but the problem is still not solved...

So i finished editing the videos, i put them together in one file, saved in .mp4 (h.264) 1920x1080p. Originally they were shoot with my dslr. I imported the .mp4 file in premiere elements 10, made titles and menu then burnt the project in blu-ray without having any problems. Then i was gonna burn the project again in dvd, but the burn ended up in "transcoding error". I use the premiere element's own templates, everything is within the borders, nothing marked in red. I checked the forums, i switched off auto analyzer, but nothing happened. Then i tried different project settings, failed again. Then i started exporting a short part of the video in different format (.mpg, .m2v) just to try if any of them works fine, failed again. I checked for updates, but after installing them, nothing changed.

I've got Win7 on my laptop with Core i3 CPU, 6GB of RAM, ~200GB of free space.

Could you please help me finding a solution for this issue, please?

Many thanks!

Robert

• 1. Re: Transcoding error in premiere elements 10
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Robert

Just in case mention...this is not Adobe, rather essentially a user to user forum.

Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 7 64 bit.

I am assuming that you are working on a burn to DVD-VIDEO standard or widescreen on DVD disc and not AVCHD on DVD disc.

1. The classical question -

Share/Disc/DVD .....

if you take this same Timeline content and use the burn to Folder (4.7 GB) or Folder (8.5 GB) instead of the burn to disc, do you successfully get a saved folder containing the OpenDVD Folder and the VIDEO_TS Folder?

The rest will depend on your answers to the above....

2. In the Quality area of the burn dialog (DVD disc in the burner tray), what are the readings for Space Required and Bitrate? Are you working with a check mark next to Fit Content to Available Space? If with, then remove the check mark and lower the Bitrate from maximum 8.00 Mbps to 7.95 or 7.00 Mbps.

3. Do you still have the latest version of QuickTime installed along with Premiere Elements 10 and are you running the programs as administrator?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...just in case...what video card/graphics card does your computer use?

• 2. Re: Transcoding error in premiere elements 10
            robertm16253435 Level 1

Hi ATR,

Thank you very much for the quick response. Before I posted my question on this forum, I read (hopefully) all questions and answers in the same topic and went through all the possible solutions but none of them could help mine.

- I tried to burn the project straight onto disc, also tried to save it to folder (both size), setting manually the bitrate but this options didn't work.

- I have the latest versions of all programs, including Quick Time and all updates for win7.

-My graphics card is an ATI Radeon Hd, and i never had any problems with it.

I used premiere elements 10 previously for makind dvds with menus, never experienced this problem. I had to re-install my win7, then i installed the same programs i use. I experience the problem since i had to do the reinstall.

I just don't understand if i could burn the same project in blu-ray, why can't I burn it to dvd?  You need much more free space to burn a project to blu-ray.

I run the program as administrator.

• 3. Re: Transcoding error in premiere elements 10
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Robert

Have you tried

1. Uninstall both QuickTime and Premiere Elements 10 the usual Control Panel way.

2. Do a free ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaner parts)  CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

3. Reinstall QuickTime (latest version) and then Premiere Elements 10 with antivirus and firewalls disabled.

ATR

• 4. Re: Transcoding error in premiere elements 10
                robertm16253435 Level 1

Hi ATR,

I uninstalled both QuickTime and PRE10 including all contents then i run the cleaner you recommended. Then i restarted the laptop and reinstalled QuickTime and PRE10 but this time i only downloaded those contents i needed for my project.

When i started to burn the project to my hard drive, a message appeared on the screen i've never seen before. The message contained a link which directed me to the adobe website where i had to activate my mpeg codec!

After this i could burn the project without any errors.

Thank you very much for your help ATR!

Robert

• 5. Re: Transcoding error in premiere elements 10
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Robert

Great news. You did great working through the troubleshooting to gain success.

Very interesting is the part which sounds like MPEG2 Activation playing a part in the success of the burn to. As I recall, with an Internet connection, that type of activation goes on with the user not even beginning aware it is happening - or maybe seeing a momentary flash on off message. When you were running the project, were you working from a user account with administrative privileges?

We are very pleased with the outcome.

Best wishes

ATR