1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 12, 2006 5:36 AM by arunbe

Event Listener?

greeninkjan
      Can anyone help me....

I am making a flash banner and it goes like this...

I have the first moveicip playing on the main timelne and then buttons that contrtol the movie loadd in... you can click on button 1 and it will take you to frame 122 where the second movie clip is and clilck on button 2 to go to frame 123 which is the third movieclip and button three restarts the first movieclip by going back to frame 1....

however, there are two things I am trying to do... I want to figure out the code that will make the movie (on main timeline) play frame 122 then frame 123... if no buttons are pressed and reloop.... but go to a specific movieclip when pressed...

and also in my movies... the buttons are not going the the main timeline.... they're playing frame 122 anda frame 123 of the current timeline (i loaded the second and third moviecip onto the timeline on frames 122 and 123 respectively)....

where do i put the code and does anyone have any ideas... I know i may have to use an event listener i think to control the timeline.. i dunno.. i'm pretty new at this.. a bit stuck...

jan
        • 1. Re: Event Listener?
          arunbe Level 1
          Just you can use a flag or main variable like,
          var clickedButton:String == " ";
          on the button press just set the string clickedButton = "movie2".
          So, you have to check this string at the end of the first movie clip.
          If the string is " " , then you just play the 1 clip again.
          If the string is set as "movie2" then play the second move and so on....