9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2015 1:56 PM by gertthomsen

Importing from SD card Lightroom 6

lorir11945645 Level 1

Lightroom seems to have stopped seeing content on my SD card. It sees the card, but no images. I can see the folders & images in Finder (Mac) as well as on my camera, so I know they are there. Since LR can't see any images, I can't import directly to LR. Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: Importing from SD card Lightroom 6
          Geoff the kiwi Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Try using copy/paste or Image Capture to d/load to your Mac and then import.... lets see if that works.

• 2. Re: Importing from SD card Lightroom 6
            JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Using Windows 10, Lightroom CC 2015. I cannot replicate your problem. Nikon D 90, SD card, images import fine.

• 3. Re: Importing from SD card Lightroom 6
              lorir11945645 Level 1

Thank you, Geoff. I just tried importing a folder of images on to my hard drive but not into my catalog. I can see the folder and the images in the Mac Finder. I can see the folder from within LR, when I click the Import button in LR, no images appear on the LR desktop, not even greyed out ones. This is the same thing that happens when I try to import the images direct from the SD card. Since no images appear, the final Import button in LR is not active. Incidentally, I can see and open all in PS. I am having the same problem with 2 different cards, therefore, I don't think it's defective cards. Thanks so much for your help.

• 4. Re: Importing from SD card Lightroom 6
                lorir11945645 Level 1

I can't see the images from my jpg card either.

• 5. Re: Importing from SD card Lightroom 6
                  ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

lorir11945645 wrote:

Lightroom seems to have stopped seeing content on my SD card. It sees the card, but no images. I can see the folders & images in Finder (Mac) as well as on my camera, so I know they are there. Since LR can't see any images, I can't import directly to LR. Any suggestions?

Are you using a card reader or directly connecting the camera? (Card reader recommended.)

• 6. Re: Importing from SD card Lightroom 6
                    lorir11945645 Level 1

Thank you, ManiacJoe - I have a SD card in my MacBook which is usually my first attempt. Every now & then, if I have difficulties, I will use a card reader. I tried both options this time with the same result.
                    I didn't want to, but I read that resetting all your preferences to default might work, which is what I did. Sigh... I lost a lot, LR looks almost unfamiliar, but I did gain back the ability to Upload. Yay! Now I have to work back through all my preferences and set them back to the way they were before.

Thank you for your help!

• 7. Re: Importing from SD card Lightroom 6
                      Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

Please post a screen shot with the import dialog window open and the card inserted.

Images only appear when you have a destination selected that your Username has the rights, permissions, to write to.

• 8. Re: Importing from SD card Lightroom 6
                        lorir11945645 Level 1

Thank you, Shootisbond007! I seem to have solved the problem when I reset all my LR preferences to default. Something quirky was going on though. I suspect some kind of incompatibility between LR, a plug-in and/or my firmware update. Thanks so much!

• 9. Re: Importing from SD card Lightroom 6
                          gertthomsen

Suddenly (maybe after upgrading OS from WIN7 to Win10 ??) it has not been possible to import Nikon NEF Raw files or Canon CR" files from from SD cards into Lightroom CC 2015. Regarding the Nikon (D800) it makes no difference whether the camera is connected to the computer with a USB cable or the card is placed in a logic link card reader (Desktop) - or in the build in card reader in the Asus laptop. When using the laptop it is possible to open the photos in Photoshop CC. Import have been tested with two different Sandisk Extreme 64 GB and one Sandisk Extreme 8 GB sd cards. Using USB cable it was possible to import photos from the Canon S95. I'm using Danish Win10 Home.

The Nikon also have a CF-card slot. When the files were copied to the CF card it was possible to import the photos using USB cable. Any solutions?