4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2015 10:56 AM by joanu12223715

lightroom

joanu12223715

HAVE NEW CANON 5DSR AND AM HAVING PROBLEM WITH LIGHTROOM NOT READING FILES.  SHOOTING RAW AND THE FILE EXTENSION IS DIFFERENT FROM WHAT I AM ACCUSTOMED SEEING IT IS H8A AND NUMBER. I CAN OPEN IN PHOTOSHOP SAVE AS A TIFF FILE THEN CAN OPEN IN LIGHTROOM.  DO YOU HAVE A SOLUTION AS THIS PROCESS IS TIME CONSUMING AND UNACCEPTABLE?

THANK YOU,

JOAN ULBRICH

• 1. Re: lightroom
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I can't comment about the extension. I'm not familiar with that at all. However, the camera requires Lightroom 6 or Lightroom CC or the latest DNG converter (free option) to create DNG copies that you can use in older versions of Lightroom.

• 2. Re: lightroom
            Keith_Reeder Level 4

joanu12223715 wrote:

DO YOU HAVE A SOLUTION AS THIS PROCESS IS TIME CONSUMING AND UNACCEPTABLE?

You haven't told us which version of Lr you're using (which kinda matters), but as Jim points out, the likelihood is that you're using an obsolete version.

• 3. Re: lightroom
              joanu12223715 Level 1

Thank you for the reply.  I believe that I do have the latest version of lightroom I belong to Creative Cloud and have the latest of photoshop, lightroom,  illustrator as I always have access to upload upgrades ….I will double check when at studio computer to make sure latest version is installed…joan

• 4. Re: lightroom
                joanu12223715 Level 1

NO I AM SURE LATEST BUT WILL DOUBLE CHECK I BELONG TO CREATIVE CLOUD AND THEY ALWAYS SEND LATEST UPGRADES…