1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 17, 2015 1:30 PM by Peter Spier

Adobe InDesign is shutting down. A serious error was detected. Please restart InDesign to recover work in any unsaved InDesign documents.

amandalee

I am trying to open a file that is 4.5 GBs but I keep on getting the error message "Adobe InDesign is shutting down. A serious error was detected. Please restart InDesign to recover work in any unsaved InDesign documents." and then InDesign crashes. I have read a few other forums where it indicates you should export your file to a .idml file but since my file never opens, I am unable to do this. I've also tried replacing my preferences but this didn't work either. I've also updated my CC and InDesign and restarted my computer several times. The file I am working on is saved on my desktop.

I would love for some guidance and help on this! I've been working on this particular project for over a month and I would hate to start over from scratch but it's looking like I might have to do that.

Thanks in advance for any help sent my way!

Adobe InDesign is shutting down. A serious error was detected. Please restart InDesign to recover work in any unsaved InDesign documents.