• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re-downloading CS5.5 onto new macbook, when old macbook has died

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last month my macbook pro with adobe creative suite 5.5 design premium student and teacher edition on it died without warning. I purchased adobe creative suite 5.5 in June 2012 and it was installed on my old mac. I've bought a brand new macbook pro with OS X Yosemite since then and I need to redownload the creative suite onto it. I have a backup of the contents of my old macbook in an online backup program. I also have the original order email with order #, serial number, and the same account information. Unfortunately, I cannot find my original program CDs.

Option 1. Can't find download links for CS5.5: When I login to my account I used to purchase the software there is no order history like there should be- it says "we found no orders placed for your account". In the Products section- the registered product info is there with its name, serial number, version, platform and registration date (june 19 2012). BUT I don't see a download link... How can I redownload my product?

Option 2. Is it possible or easier to somehow find the adobe creative suite program files within my old laptop's backup and copy them to the new macbook? I think an installer would be necessary that wouldn't be in my backup though?

Thanks in advance!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

CS5.5 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-5-product-downloads.html

You can also download the trial version of the software thru the page linked below and then use your current serial number to activate it.

Be sure to follow the steps outlined in the Note: Very Important Instructions section on the download pages at this site and have cookies enabled in your browser or else the download will not work properly.

CS5.5: http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs5-5-direct-download-links.html

You shou

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS5.5 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-5-product-downloads.html

You can also download the trial version of the software thru the page linked below and then use your current serial number to activate it.

Be sure to follow the steps outlined in the Note: Very Important Instructions section on the download pages at this site and have cookies enabled in your browser or else the download will not work properly.

CS5.5: http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs5-5-direct-download-links.html

You should also contact Adobe Support thru chat (before reinstalling if possible) and ask them to reset your activations so that you have both available to you.

For the link below click the Still Need Help? option in the blue area at the bottom and choose the chat option...
Make sure you are logged in to the Adobe site, have cookies enabled, clear your cookie cache.  If it fails to connect try using a different browser.

Serial number and activation chat support (non-CC)
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=PHSP-PHXS_downloading-installing-setting-up_licensing-acti...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 01, 2016 May 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Only my version is CS5 Design Premium (student version also). The email I thought was associated with it is not, so I've created a new customer ID which is not helpful. Previous MacBook Pro had a CD drive - new one does not. I have the original box with the CDs but that's about it. Will try the above links now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John. I'm on a web chat with Adobe. I don't have the serial number and apparently without my original invoice there's nothing they can do to help. Even though I have my original box, barcode and coupon code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do manage to retrieve your serial number, guard it with your life. I store mine in Dropbox amongst other places.

To reinstall software you will always need the software installation file and the serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks John. Will do! I have no idea where the serial number would be. I didn't realise the importance of it and doubt I kept it. They're telling me that my product code isn't in the right order - I have no idea what they mean or why that would be the case. I bought it from an educational student type website. I sent photo's of it all and re-typed it as it appears. Sounds like I'm stuffed unless I find that invoice.

Thanks for the advice - appreciate it. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines