4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2015 2:44 PM by dissidently

previews disappear

melp5109810

previews disappear on MacBookPro. Have to restart After Effects, after a few minutes they're gone again. Video Card problem? Its a 2014 maxed out machine.

I am using particular and optical flares in the comp. Other than those effects, there is nothing else in the comp. I am building the Particular layers in separate comps to try and avoid the problem but it comes back. Doesn't matter if I am on battery or AC. It won't even preview 1 layer of Particular and an adjustment layer. Can't get anything done!

• 1. Re: previews disappear
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What version of your OS are you using?

What exact version of AE is it (down to the last decimal)?

What are your system specs?

When you say "previews disappear" could you be a little more specific? Does the panel go away? Does it just go black?

Do you have GPU acceleration turned on for your Optical Flares?

• 2. Re: previews disappear
            melp5109810 Level 1

Hi, thanks for the reply,

OS X 10.10.5

AE version 13.5.1.48 of CC 2015.0.1 release

system Retina late 3013

CPU 2.3GHz i7

16Gb RAM

GPU Iris Pro 1536

I have the same issues intermittently with my desktop. Same OS and AE version. System is a MacPro 2013

2.7GHx 12 core Xeon with 64Gb RAM and FirePro 6Gb GPU

Preview window goes to background color when I move the cursor across it. Or it will just be black. The problem comes and goes. I assume it has something to with updates and versions of OS, software and plugins not being in sync at all times. My 2 desktop thunderbolt displays will go black suddenly for a second a couple times a day too. Don't know if that is related. It might be more of a Mac issue than Adobe.

Use GPU is on in Optical Flares

• 3. Re: previews disappear
              Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Use GPU is on in Optical Flares

Try turning that off.

My 2 desktop thunderbolt displays will go black suddenly for a second a couple times a day too. Don't know if that is related. It might be more of a Mac issue than Adobe.

That's possible.

• 4. Re: previews disappear
                dissidently Level 1

There are many issues with 2015's renderer. Assume it is broken, and go back to 2014 until it is fixed.

Szalam, why are you STILL not able to simply deal with 99% most likely cause of problems directly?

YOU KNOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH 2015!!!