Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot enable Adobe Flash Player on chrome

Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot find flash player anywhere on my computer, although it does state that it is installed with my google chrome and is disabled. Following directions to enable it (type in chrome:plugins, find the "Flash" listing and click Enable under it) takes me to a page that is headed with Plugins (2) and they are Chromium PDF Viewer and Chromoting Viewer. The word "Flash" does not appear anywhere and this is where I'm stuck.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2015 Aug 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome and it should display in the chrome://plugins page.  If it's not there you may have a corrupt installation of Chrome.  The embedded Flash Player PPAPI plugin will be saved in the Google Chrome installation path, since it is a component of Chrome and will be saved at the following location path:

• Windows 32-bit: C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\ChromeVersionInstalled\PepperFlash
  • Windows 64-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\ChromeVersionInstalled\PepperFlash
    • might be just Program Files if you have a 64-bit version of Chrome
  • OS X: Volume/Applications/Google Chrome.app/Contents/Versions/ChromeVersionInstalled/Internet Plug-ins/PepperFlash

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're reply is blank/empty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if my Chrome installation is corrupted should I just delete Chrome

and reinstall it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

If you find that the Pepper Plugin is indeed present on your system, but it's not showing up in chrome://plugins it does point to a corrupt installation.  In this case, I would completely remove Chrome and re-install it.  However, before completely removing it, I would save any bookmarks I have and save any saved passwords I have saved as these would be lost when completely removing Chrome.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines