3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2015 8:57 AM by D.oug

Cannot install LR6 preset packs.

D.oug

Hi. I have just bought two LR6 preset packs and tried for two hours to install them using the new Extensions Manager and new Creative Cloud online systems, but to no avail.  I have the retail (boxed) version of LR6. The downloaded files are have (for the preset packs) the suffix ".ZXP", so I cannot decompress them using Stuffit Expander, for example, and then install them in the normal "manual" way.  How do I install the presets?  I am running OS X 10.8.5 My iMac is a late 2013, 27-inch machine. I do not want to update my operating system for reasons to complex to go into here.  Can you help please?  Thanks in advance.  Doug.

• 1. Re: Cannot install LR6 preset packs.
          99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This thread is about a year old but it may give a pointer:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1504330

• 2. Re: Cannot install LR6 preset packs.
            D.oug Level 1

Thanks, I shall take a look.

Kind regards, Doug.

Doug Harman / Best selling photographer and Director US3 Media Ltd

07812 459 590 / doug@dougharmanphotography.com

Doug Harman Photography

89 Sandyhurst Lane, Ashford, Kent. TN25 4NU

www.dougharmanphotography.com

Read my books:

The Digital Photography Handbook, the UK's No1, best-selling fully illustrated step-by-step digital photography guide.

Snap It! a pocket guide to better camera phone photography.

Watch my guide to digital photography on DVD: Doug Harman's Guide To Digital Photography.

This e-mail message may contain confidential or legally privileged information and is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorised disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the information herein is prohibited. E-mails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, or contain viruses. Anyone who communicates with us by e-mail is deemed to have accepted these risks. Doug Harman Photography is not responsible for errors or omissions in this message and denies any responsibility for any damage arising from the use of e-mail. Any opinion and other statement contained in this message and any attachment are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.

• 3. Re: Cannot install LR6 preset packs.
              D.oug Level 1

Hi again, had a look and tried that already, but it forms part of my issue and simply does not work since neither Extensions Manager CC nor the Creative Cloud side of things appear to be "linking" to my retail version of LR6.

Still stuck, but thanks for the help.

Anyone any other ideas?

Regards, Doug.

Doug Harman / Best selling photographer and Director US3 Media Ltd

07812 459 590 / doug@dougharmanphotography.com

Doug Harman Photography

89 Sandyhurst Lane, Ashford, Kent. TN25 4NU

www.dougharmanphotography.com

Read my books:

The Digital Photography Handbook, the UK's No1, best-selling fully illustrated step-by-step digital photography guide.

Snap It! a pocket guide to better camera phone photography.

Watch my guide to digital photography on DVD: Doug Harman's Guide To Digital Photography.

This e-mail message may contain confidential or legally privileged information and is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorised disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the information herein is prohibited. E-mails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, or contain viruses. Anyone who communicates with us by e-mail is deemed to have accepted these risks. Doug Harman Photography is not responsible for errors or omissions in this message and denies any responsibility for any damage arising from the use of e-mail. Any opinion and other statement contained in this message and any attachment are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.