2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2015 7:16 AM by HarryHoag

Animation graph of selected property not visible

HarryHoag Level 1

Hi,

For some reason I can no longer see the animation graph of a selected property without clicking the graph icon for the property. It stopped working yesterday and has stayed that way since. If this is a preference that I accidentally turned on how to I switch it back to default?

thanks

• 1. Re: Animation graph of selected property not visible
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

To view the graph of a property you have selected you must have that property selected in the timeline and the graph editor open. There are two view options in the graph editor, value and speed. Some properties, like mask paths don't give you any useful information in the graph editor. If the property has an expression then you need to click the little graph icon in the timeline to see the effect of the expression on the property. Everything sounds normal to me. What you see depends on what you have selected in the timeline and in the graph editor.

For details on how the graph editor works and some tutorials type graph editor in the Search Help field at the top right corner of AE and check out the resources and training materials.

• 2. Re: Animation graph of selected property not visible
            HarryHoag Level 1

Yep, the graph button brings up the graph like usual, but having the property selected was presenting me with a blank graph. Makes for slow animating! I think it seems to have fixed itself now anyway, not sure what was happening, I'm going to put it down as another CC2015 timeline bug, I was getting all kinds of crazy stuff happening with a sound file on the timeline on another project.

If I manage to reproduce the problem it I'll post it up here.

• 3. Re: Animation graph of selected property not visible
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Make sure you are on the latest build. As of August 16 you should be on 13.5.1.48

• 4. Re: Animation graph of selected property not visible
                HarryHoag Level 1

yep, I'm on the latest build 13.5.1.48

I've been getting lots of strange things going on with the displays, but generally I'm really happy with the improvements