• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 7.0 Professional - all updates installed. Purchased Acrobat Pro XI on-line from Adobe. Had computer issues and now Acrobat Pro XI will not install properly. I am getting Error Code 16. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have used the Adobe c

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2015 Aug 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ERROR CODE 16 - I am running Windows 7.0 Professional - all updates installed. Purchased Acrobat Pro XI on-line from Adobe last May.  Had computer issues and now Acrobat Pro XI will not install properly. I am getting Error Code 16.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled.  I have used the Adobe cleaner tool.  I have just downloaded the program files from Adobe again and did a fresh installation.  Still will not run - Error Code 16.  Phone tech support is "untrained" in this matter.  Can someone please HELP ME?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

This error appears if proper permissions are not provided to primary folders.

Please refer to the given link for "error :16" : Configuration error | CC, CS

Hope this helps !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something went through my computer when I said it had issues.  Some sort of a program ran and changed all of my file attributes to "read only" so none of my programs would open them, including Lightroom.  After I ran a complete virus scan and Malwarebytes, I changed the file attributes and now Lightroom works.  I'll look into this and hope it works.  It sounds promising.  Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the part on Changing Permissions, I do not have a folder named Adobe PCD.  Any ideas why it's not there.  I did everything else and now I'm uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Acrobat Pro XI. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines