2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2015 9:13 AM by BIPC Jeff Sydor

cinema 4d camera animation problem

BIPC Jeff Sydor Level 1

I'm working on a project in C4D and I've attached the camera position to a predefined spline for my motion path. I've encountered various problems where during animation the camera will bounce around where there is supposed to be a smooth incremental transition.

For example, I have a set of keyframes in my animation panel which should animate the camera position from 46% to 50% to 51% and so on.

Instead, between 50% and 51%, this happens:

50%...50.1...50.2...50.3...50.4...50.5...50.4...50.3...50.4...50.5...50.6...50.7...50.8...50.9...51%

So just in between to keyframed positions of 50% and 51%, the camera will bounce back and forth when there are no keyframes.

• 1. Re: cinema 4d camera animation problem
          HarryHoag Level 1

Is this happening when you import your camera into after effects? Maybe this is not the correct place for this question.

But anyway, is it a problem with your curves if I've understood you correctly? could you not just set the curve between those two keyframes to linear? Sounds like that thing you get when auto-keys try to make a smooth animation but introduces a bump to the animation curve.

• 2. Re: cinema 4d camera animation problem
            BIPC Jeff Sydor Level 1

I hadn't even tried that. As soon as I highlighted those two keyframes and selected the linear button it fixed it! I thought those were for the anchor point style for the bezier curve. Thanks for the tip.

To answer your other question, yes it did affect the AE camera too.