5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2015 1:18 PM by jnwbr

Module scrolling based on other module

jnwbr Level 1

If I select a Collection folder on the left side module of the screen then decide to click on a Keyword group in the right side Keyword List, the whole window on the left with the Collection scrolls to the top when the Keyword group is clicked. If a Collection is NOT selected the window doesn't scroll. If a Collection is selected then de-selected the window still scrolls.

Why does this happen? What is the point? The Keyword group on the right has nothing to do with the left module. It's a waste of time to have to scroll back down through my long list to get the Collection folder back where it was.

Do this over and over during a long session and feel the frustration!

• 1. Re: Module scrolling based on other module
          99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you are working in a collection why are you using the Keyword List?

I would use filter bar above the thumbnails and choose metadata. Press the backslash key \ if the filter is not visible. You can add a column for keywords or change one of the existing columns e.g. clicking on Camera or Lens etc. You will get all keywords associated with the collection and you won’t be jumping about. If you keep the padlock locked you can even move from collection to collection to apply the same filter.

• 2. Re: Module scrolling based on other module
            jnwbr Level 1

-I click on a Collection and have it open in the grid

-I want to add something to the Collection that I've keyworded

-I click on a keyword (arrow on the right side) in the Keyword List to show everything tagged with the word

-I go to drag an image from the resulting grid back to the Collection on the left

-The Collection list has now scrolled to the top after clicking to select the keyword

-Why?

• 3. Re: Module scrolling based on other module
              99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The Collection list has now scrolled to the top after clicking to select the keyword

-Why?

Because you are searching the entire catalog. If you look at the info bar above the film strip it will change from the collection name to All Photographs.

Why not right-click on the collection name in the left-hand panel and choose set as target collection. Go to your keyword and select your image or images and press the B key to add to the collection without dragging.

• 4. Re: Module scrolling based on other module
                jnwbr Level 1

I've noticed the change. I guess this is one of those instances where the true function of what's happening makes less sense when applied.

Yes, I'm "technically" searching the whole catalog, but in reality I'm looking through the images I've already assigned keywords to. The result of the window scrolling to the All Photographs listing really has no function to help with what I'm actually doing. I know the images are in the catalog, I've already searched and given them a keyword.

I'll try the target collection method.

• 5. Re: Module scrolling based on other module
                  jnwbr Level 1

Ok, please explain this.

I have a screen of images I want to keyword. The keyword doesn't exist so I decide to add it under an existing keyword. I scroll to the existing word, let's say it begins with an S. I add the new keyword to be under the S word. I hit OK and the list then scrolls up to the where the letter E is in the keyword list.

What is the logic of this happening?