3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2015 12:41 PM by A.T. Romano

camera raw not working

paulbof

When I try to add my cr2 images I get a message saying that they cannot be read

• 1. Re: camera raw not working
          A.T. Romano Level 7

paulbof

What program do you have - Photoshop Elements or Premiere Elements and what version? What computer operating system is involved?

Your Camera Raw version needs to support your camera. And, the version of Camera Raw needs to support the version of Photoshop Elements and/or Premiere Elements that you have. Camera Raw dialog appears for editing when Photoshop Elements is installed. Camera Raw only lets you import raw image or dng images for source media purposes for Premiere Elements.

So, please supply details.

Camera

Program

and we will help you sort through your issue.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: camera raw not working
            paulbof Level 1

I was asked to submit more information but my reply to the emailer AT Romano was undelivered. I am using premiere elements 12 on windows 10 and the raw images are from a canon 5d mk iii.

• 3. Re: camera raw not working
              paulbof Level 1

I used photoshop elements 12 to see if they imported into there ok and they did so I tried sending them to premiere elements and behold they appeared on the timeline however when I try to play them it doesn't really work properly until I rendered them.

• 4. Re: camera raw not working
                A.T. Romano Level 7

paulbof

Thanks for the reply.

What you observed is normal. When you import a file into Premiere Elements 12/12.1 and it has an orange line over it, that means that you are not seeing the best possible preview and that content needs to be Timeline rendered to get the best possible preview at playback of it in the Edit area monitor. The Timeline rendering is not fixing anything, it is just giving you the best possible preview.

Timeline rendering is done by

a. pressing the Render button above the Timeline

or

b. Timeline Menu/Render Work Area

or

c. pressing Enter key

The orange line above the unrendered content will turn green when the Timeline rendering is done.

This Timeline rendering does not need to be done, but it is your window of opportunity to catch a problem sooner than later. This type of situation affects other versions of Premiere Elements on different computer operating systems.

Lots to be said about Timeline rendering. But, I will pause here to give you a chance to read through and consider the above.

Thanks.

ATR