7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2015 10:53 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 11 "Green Media" Bug - Any help?

AstroA Level 1

Hey everyone, I'm having trouble with Premiere Elements 11. Whenever I add media to the project, it bugs and the whole video becomes green.

The video itself is not the problem, as I've tried it with other videos. This just started to happen, it has been fine before. I am using Windows 10. I've tried restarting the program to see if it would be fixed, but no luck. Any help would be appreciated. Adobe Premiere Elements 11 8_17_2015 5_28_53 PM.png

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 11 "Green Media" Bug - Any help?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

AstroA

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 11?

Is your video card/graphics card driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

What are the properties of these videos? These videos may all have a common problem, so we cannot decide yet "the video is not the problem".

What is the source of the video? Is there any copy protection involved?

Do the videos behave the same in the Elements Organizer 11?

Did you have this issue before the upgrade to Windows 10?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 11 "Green Media" Bug - Any help?
            AstroA Level 1

I am using Windows 10, upgraded from 8.1. My graphics card drivers are up to date. They are all MP4 videos, which I have used in the past with no problems. The source of the video is from a capture software called NVIDIA ShadowPlay. I have had no problems with recording and editing videos up until now. I did not have this problem before on Windows 8.1, and have edited a video or two on Windows 10.

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 11 "Green Media" Bug - Any help?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

AstroA

Thanks for the follow up with important troubleshooting details.

The NVIDIA Shadow Play captures have had problems in the past with Premiere Elements. I do realize you are facing a before and after situation. But, I am suspecting that this is independent of operating system and Premiere Elements version. But the answers will be in the details.

The following link relates to an audio problem with NVIDIA Shadow Play video and Premiere Elements.

The audio of Nvidia Shadowplay records is asynchronus to the video in Premiere Elements 12! How can I fix it?

Please consider downloading and installing HandBrake to obtain the H.264.mp4 @ constant frame rate version, and then import that file into Premiere Elements 11. Is the problem gone or still there?

Premiere Elements does not do well with video recorded with a variable frame rate. The symptoms range from audio out of sync to not being able to import the file at all.

Please confirm...are the current green imports into today's Premiere Elements project the same actual files that worked before Windows 10?

Please consider the above.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 11 "Green Media" Bug - Any help?
                williamt52493012 Level 1

The issue appears to have started with my videos after I updated to Windows 10.  I have multiple videos recorded with Shadowplay prior to the update and they have no issues when put into Premiere.  As for the videos that have been recorded after the Windows 10 update, they all have this green screen when put into Premiere.  I did download Handbrake, converted a "Green Video" and now it seems to work fine.

This being a known solution to the problem, is anyone aware of a resolution by Adobe to fix this issue?

It is not an issue with Shadowplay, have a friend who uses the same software, same game, and is on Windows 10; he uses windows movie maker and has made several videos with no issues.  So the issue appears to be the handshake between Premiere and Shadowplay post Windows 10.

thanks

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 11 "Green Media" Bug - Any help?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

williamt

We are glad that HandBrake is serving as the workaround to keep you moving forward in your projects.

For now, I would hold on judgement with regard to what you wrote

It is not an issue with Shadowplay, have a friend who uses the same software, same game, and is on Windows 10; he uses windows movie maker and has made several videos with no issues.  So the issue appears to be the handshake between Premiere and Shadowplay post Windows 10.

In your same comparisons, I see no mention of Shadowplay software settings, especially video compression and file extension and variable or constant frame rate among other things.

Each software has its own list of supported import formats.

ATR

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements 11 "Green Media" Bug - Any help?
                    AstroA Level 1

I tried out downloading Handbrake and running the video through it, and now it works fine. Thanks!

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements 11 "Green Media" Bug - Any help?
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

AstroA

Great news. Thanks for reporting your results with HandBrake which allowed you to import your video into your Premiere Elements project. Great job.

Thanks for the follow up. Appreciated.

ATR