4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2015 6:13 PM by Brad Lawryk

Bad Image Quality

jernejh Level 1

Hi,

have bought one of the images from Adobe Stock and it comes with heavy gradient banding. Any solutions to this? Have tried to add noise and some other techniques found on web but nothing helps and also if paying for the service one should expect a high quality image.

The file number of the image, if someone wants to take a look at it: 42191339

Thanks for any advice.

• 1. Re: Bad Image Quality
          Brad Lawryk Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing and what program you are opening it in? The image seems fine on my end.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Bad Image Quality

Actually, now that I have looked at it further I see you have a valid complaint. I too get the banding and would expect better quality from that image. The image details say that it is 5100x5100 pixels. It's more like 100x100.

• 3. Re: Bad Image Quality
              jernejh Level 1

Thanks for the effort, will have to contact Adobe, although the support link always redirects to forums. I like that image and want to use it as a background for an app I'm working on. main 37.png

Also the image you wanted. On the computer display it looks kind of ok but on the iPhone it's far from from it.

• 4. Re: Bad Image Quality

Yeah I know which banding you are talking about because I see it now too on the file I downloaded. Has to do with the Gradient on the file. Might try and see what happens if you take the gradient out in Illustrator. The indented squares seem fine. Its that radial gradient that is not well done especially for enlarging.