5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2015 11:54 PM by ManiacJoe

Lightroom won't import ANY files

Chick Newman Level 1

I am having a problem. I want to import CR2 (Canon RAW) files and jpgs from an SD card  and/or from my hard drive into Lightroom CC 2015. When I go to the import dialog, I find that

the Lightroom Import dialog sees only the folders containing these images, but finds NO images of any format...in any folder containing any images (including some folders containing NEF, dng and jpg images).

I can see the images in these folders in Windows Explorer and in Bridge CC is able to open these folders on the hard drive or the SD card and find all the images that are present in each.

I imported images into LR from from this same SD card  3 days ago, no problem.

I am able to open the CR2 (as well as other  file formats) files in Photoshop CC 2015 ACR. These files are also seen and available from  within Photoshop using the file-->open dialog. The problem appears to be restricted to the LR Import process.

The only change I made to my computer was to load the Microsoft Camera Codec pack on August 16th. I have since uninstalled that pack, but the problem persists.

HELP. Lightroom  CC 2015 is all but useless! now. I can't import any images.

What's going on?

Chick

• 1. Re: Lightroom won't import ANY files
          ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

What are your import options on the top and right panes of the import dialog?

• 2. Re: Lightroom won't import ANY files
            Chick Newman Level 1

That's a good question. I kept the right side in "solo" mode, meaning one panel only is open at a time. I didn't change anything (other than the destination) since my last import on 8/16/15...when everything about the import then went without any problem.

However, in order to view all the panels on that side, after posting the issue here, I unchecked "solo mode". All panels opened and NOW, the Lightroom Import dialog sees ALL images in any folder and I can again import.

I contacted Adobe support since posting here. I was told that this is a known bug in Lightroom (I was the second "customer" who reported this today). She  claims it has something to do with file permissions. If one file  permission setting is misread by LR (the bug), then Lightroom can't see ANY image files.

I still don't understand what I did...other than to uncheck "Solo mode"...that allowed LR Import to again operate properly.

What, specifically, were you thinking when you asked me about the import options in the right panel? What setting were you wondering about that could have explained my experience?

Thank you for your timely response.

Chick

• 3. Re: Lightroom won't import ANY files

I was going to check on copy vs add, destination folder names, and folder permissions.

• 4. Re: Lightroom won't import ANY files
                Chick Newman Level 1

The original problem was present whether the option was Copy as DNG, Copy, Move, Add. I don't see where folder permissions is listed in the destination (right side) or the import dialog. Where were you going to look for permissions within lightroom?

• 5. Re: Lightroom won't import ANY files

The folder permissions are viewed outside of LR in File Explorer.