2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2015 11:32 AM by Jeff Almasol

Error after update.

jaygonz7770

I just updated to CA preview 2 and when I try to record a scene, I keep getting "error assertion failed". Has anyone seen this? Thanks.

• 1. Re: Error after update.
          Jeff Almasol Adobe Employee

Hi Jesse... Is this with an existing scene in an existing project? Can you press Cmd+F12 (on Mac) or Ctrl+F12 (on Windows) to open the Console panel, then try the recording again to see if the Console panel shows any additional error messages around the "assertion failed" message? You can close the Console panel when done.

Can you try creating a new project to see if a reimport of the artwork still causes a problem? If not, please reopen the previous project, choose File > Copy Media Files into Project Folder, choose File > Reveal Project in Finder / Explorer, switch back to the new project, quit the app, then archive the revealed project folder, and send me a private message with a shared link (via Dropbox, Creative Cloud Files, etc.) so we can try to diagnose the problem?

Thanks!

• 2. Re: Error after update.
            Jeff Almasol Adobe Employee

Hi Jesse... Did you ever resolve this issue?

If not, are you running Dropbox, CCleaner, or other background sync/analysis software? If so, try temporarily disabling it or exclude the Character Animator project folder from syncing/backup/etc. to see if it helps. Please let us know if that resolves the issue. If not, please try the suggestions in my earlier (Aug 20) reply.

Thanks.