2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2015 7:34 AM by A.T. Romano

Foreground and background colours

conn

Hi I am trying to do a project that involves inverting the mask. But when I use the black foreground colour to paint out my subject it does not go black but goes opaque. I have the opacity at 100%. This means that when I invert it it does not show properly. I have tried lots of things so maybe I have mucked something up. As you might realise I am a novice.The colour swatch in the lower left hand corner is set to black and white and I can toggle between them.  I have Elements 12.

Thankyou in advance for your help

Id

• 1. Re: Foreground and background colours
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Since this is apparently a Photoshop or Photoshop Elements question, I'd recommend you post it to the Photoshop or Photoshop Elements forum.

This is the forum for Premiere Elements.

• 2. Re: Foreground and background colours
            A.T. Romano Level 7

conn

I am still reading your thread in the Premiere Elements Forum. The specialized expertise in the Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum should be able to help you to resolve your Photoshop Elements 12/12.1  layer mask issue after you re-post your thread there.

Photoshop Elements

While you are in the process of doing that, I will offer the following to think about

1. Have you updated 12 to 12.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates.

2. Have you Reset Tool or Reset All Tools. Please refer to screenshot

BrushTool.jpg

ATR