• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adt dSYM generation only for ipa-debug?

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2015 Aug 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two questions regarding the packaging with adt.

When using the air sdk adt command to package my application, I seem to get a dsym file with symbols only for arm64. However if I unpackage the ipa file and run dsymutil on the application, I am able to generate a dsym file that contains symbols for both armv7 and arm64. Is this expected behaviour? if so what is the reason for this?

Also the adt package and symbolication seems to only work for ipa-debug targets. The problem is that I can't really read anywhere if this is expected behaviour or not. The problem is that we will not be able to symbolicate a crash log unless we only run apple device tests on ipa-debug. We are currently rarely using the ipa-debug as it is running significantly worse than an ad-hoc packaging on the devices. Am I running into issues here or is it expected behaviour to have symbolication only working for debug builds?

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2015 Aug 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our team is experiencing similar issue.

That would be great if any of SDK devs could clarify, is symbolication is supported at all?

Commands seems to be there but they are not working for non-debug builds, i.e. the builds that actual users are using. We can get crash reports from iTunes, but they are no use, if we can't map function memory callstack to actual function names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 10, 2015 Sep 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bump, because we are also currently looking into crash reports. Have you guys tried to work with the Fresh Planet Crashlytics ANE? I haven't used it, but I would guess if you couldn't symbolicate crash logs from the release build, it wouldn't be of much use:

freshplanet/ANE-Crashlytics · GitHub

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines