15 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2015 11:07 PM by inesr56734172

How can i stop the testveriosn of elements 13.

inesr56734172

It seems to collide with the bought and later installed version 13. Please help!

• 1. Re: How can i stop the testveriosn of elements 13.
          Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Are you saying that you have two versions of Premiere Elements 13 installed?

I didn't think that was possible.

• 2. Re: How can i stop the testveriosn of elements 13.
            inesr56734172 Level 1

No, i installed the test, then deinstalled it, then installed (CD ROM) the new, bought one.

• 3. Re: How can i stop the testveriosn of elements 13.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

inesr

What program do you have? Do you have Photoshop Elements 13 or Premiere Elements 13 or both? What computer operating system is involved?

What program is causing you the problem that you are writing about?

Please detail what you mean by the tryout colliding with the purchased version which appears to be as installation disc from boxed packaging of the product. Are there any error messages associated with the problem? Can you open the program to its workspaces?

If you are using Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 64 bit and go to Control Panel/Installed Programs, do you find whatever you have, Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 or Adobe Premiere Elements 13 or both, listed there?

The answers will be in the details of the problem, especially knowing what program(s) are involved.

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: How can i stop the testveriosn of elements 13.
                inesr56734172 Level 1

Hey thanks for your help:

I installed Premiere Elements 13.

Before that i ordered the testversion which now should be uninstalled.

Now the programm wants me to put a disc in Drive E. (I don't have that!)

I can't Even close that window.

Argggh!!!

Am 20.08.2015 um 19:03 schrieb A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

inesr

What program do you have? Do you have Photoshop Elements 13 or Premiere Elements 13 or both? What computer operating system is involved?

Please detail what you mean by the tryout colliding with the purchased version which appears to be as installation disc from boxed packaging of the product. Are there any error messages associated with the problem? Can you open the program to its workspaces?

If you are using Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 and go to Control Panel/Installed Programs, do you find whatever you have, Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 or Adobe Premiere Elements 13 or both, listed there?

The answers will be in the details of the problem, especially knowing what program(s) are involved.

Thank you.

ATR

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7882375#7882375 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7882375#7882375

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 5. Re: How can i stop the testveriosn of elements 13.
                  inesr56734172 Level 1

No i uninstalled the Test- i think.

Thats the Message: German sorry!

Am 20.08.2015 um 18:41 schrieb Peru Bob <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

created by Peru Bob in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7882339#7882339 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7882339#7882339

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 6. Re: How can i stop the testveriosn of elements 13.
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

inesr

Thanks for the follow up. From your description of the problem, I think I have the solution for you...should be quick and easy. Let us see.

There is a known Premiere Elements 13/13.1 No Disc error. And, the Adobe solution for this is to delete or disable a file named OldFilm.AEX.

For Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 64 bit, you find the OldFilm.AEX file

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe Premiere Elements 13

Plug-ins

Common

NewBlue

and, in the NewBlue folder, is the OldFilm.AEX that you delete or disable by renaming it to OldFilm.AEXOLD.

Please let us know if that worked for you.

Best wishes

ATR

• 7. Re: How can i stop the testveriosn of elements 13.
                      inesr56734172 Level 1

Hello and thanks again.

I only found OldFilm, renaimed it but unfortunalely it doesn't work.

Any other idea?

Thx. Ines!

Am 20.08.2015 um 19:50 schrieb A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

inesr

Thanks for the follow up. From your description of the problem, I think I have the solution for you...should be quick and easy. Let us see.

There is a known Premiere Elements 13/13.1 No Disc error. And, the Adobe solution for this is to delete or disable a file named OldFilm.AEX.

For Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 64 bit, you find the OldFilm.AEX file

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe Premiere Elements 13

Plug-ins

Common

NewBlue

and, in the NewBlue, folder is the OldFilm.AEX that you delete or disable by renaming it to OldFilm.AEXOLD.

Please let us know if that worked for you.

Best wishes

ATR

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7882527#7882527 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7882527#7882527

• 8. Re: How can i stop the testveriosn of elements 13.
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

inesr

Thanks for the update.

Please

1. uninstall the program the usual Control Panel way

2. then do a free ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaner parts) to get rid of leftovers from incomplete Adobe and non Adobe uninstalls/reinstalls

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

3. reinstall the Premiere Elements 13 with antivirus and firewalls disabled.

4. Do not update 13 to 13.1 until you are sure that 13 is working completely.

Before all this...did you assure that you restarted the computer after the install of the program?

ATR

• 9. Re: How can i stop the testveriosn of elements 13.
                          inesr56734172 Level 1

Yes, i uninstalled it, tried again. But the Problem stays the same. I'm able to open the program, but when i try to use "hollYwood" effect for example- the sign comes again and it crashes.

I try your suggestions now!

Btw, who am i talking to? Are you someone from Adobe or just a helpful person?

Sorry for my not so Perfect English!

Ines

Am 20.08.2015 um 22:06 schrieb A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

inesr

Thanks for the update.

Please

1. uninstall the program the usual Control Panel way

2. then do a free ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaner parts) to get rid of leftovers from incomplete Adobe and non Adobe uninstalls/reinstalls

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

3. reinstall the Premiere Elements 13 with antivirus and firewalls disabled.

4. Do not update 13 to 13.1 until you are sure that 13 is working completely.

Before all this...did you assure that you restarted the computer after the install of the program?

ATR

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7882926#7882926 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7882926#7882926

• 10. Re: How can i stop the testveriosn of elements 13.
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

inesr

Thanks for the reply.

The Adobe Premiere Elements Forum is essentially a user to user forum. The frequency of the Adobe presence here is undefined. I am just a Elements user with an overactive troubleshooting gene.

It is important to do the uninstall reinstall as I described using the ccleaner between the uninstall and reinstall. This is to get rid of any leftovers from bad installs or reinstalls.

What is the basic problem that you are having? Is the problem just adding effects to a video clip or are there other things that cause the problem? Is the end result of a problem a crash?

When you had the tryout version, did it work well for you on the computer you are now using? Or, did you have problems with that also?

If you want, you can explore Adobe support using the following link to Adobe Chat (downloading and installing issues).

Contact Customer Care

However, often it refers the user to Ask the Community which is us (user to user).

Just let us know how we can help.

Thank you.

ATR

• 11. Re: How can i stop the testveriosn of elements 13.
                              inesr56734172 Level 1

So, its still there. "put in a Disk in drive E:"

It appears when i start it. I can pull it in a corner and start cutting. But when i use an effect it crashes completely!

I'm an inch away from throwing it on the street.

But thanks for your time!!! Very kind!

Am 20.08.2015 um 22:41 schrieb A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

inesr

Thanks for the reply.

The Adobe Premiere Elements Forum is essentially a user to user forum. The frequency of the Adobe presence here is undefined. I am just a Elements user with an overactive troubleshooting gene.

It is important to do the uninstall reinstall as I described using the ccleaner between the uninstall and reinstall. This is to get rid of any leftovers from bad installs or reinstalls.

What is the basic problem that you are having? Is the problem just adding effects to a video clip or are there other things that cause the problem? Is the end result of a problem a crash?

When you had the tryout version, did it work well for you on the computer you are now using? Or, did you have problems with that also?

If you want, you can explore Adobe support using the following link to Adobe Chat (downloading and installing issues).

Contact Customer Care

However, often it refers the user to Ask the Community which is us (user to user).

Just let us know how we can help.

Thank you.

ATR

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7883086#7883086 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7883086#7883086

• 12. Re: How can i stop the testveriosn of elements 13.
                                inesr56734172 Level 1

No, but i thought that was the Problem.

The program wants me to put a Disk in Drive E. That makes no sense. I can start it but when i use an effect it crashes completely.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7882339#7882339 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7882339#7882339

• 13. Re: How can i stop the testveriosn of elements 13.
                                  inesr56734172 Level 1

Stopppp: you are so right with that plug in. I didn't change it the right way...

It works now!

1000 Dank! Thank you.

Am 20.08.2015 um 19:03 schrieb A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

inesr

If you are using Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 and go to Control Panel/Installed Programs, do you find whatever you have, Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 or Adobe Premiere Elements 13 or both, listed there?

Thank you.

ATR

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7882375#7882375 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7882375#7882375

• 14. Re: How can i stop the testveriosn of elements 13.
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

inesr

I would expect deletion or disabling of the OldFilm.AEX file would have taken away the search for Disk E. But, it has not.

Did you go through the uninstall/reinstall with the ccleaner in between the uninstall and reinstall. I know that you said that you have done uninstall reinstall but I do not recall seeing mention of the ccleaner. Please confirm.

Does your computer have a SD slot on it? Is the blank that goes in it when you are not using it in or out at this time?

Go to Computer/Manage/Storage/Disc Management and take a look at your drive situation.

Do not give up.

As users here, we cannot offer you remote control troubleshooting of your computer. Online Adobe Chat can if it feels necessary to get to the solution. When we are sure that we have gone through all the user troubleshooting, then best to seek opinion of online Adobe Chat.

Contact Customer Care

We will be watching for further developments.

ATR

• 15. Re: How can i stop the testveriosn of elements 13.
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

insesr

WONDERFUL news. I did not see your post with the news of success until after I had posted by latest series of troubleshooting plans.

I was going to suggest retrying the OldFilm.AEX deletion and disabling, but I decided to include that in my next message as a just in case note.

Thank you so much for retrying the OldFilm.AEX deletion and disabling. Great idea, great result, great job.

Best wishes

ATR

• 16. Re: How can i stop the testveriosn of elements 13.
                                        inesr56734172 Level 1

Hello, the Problem is solved!

Thank You!!