Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Integrate Air SDK with software

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2015 Aug 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was wondering if it was possible to integrate the complete Air SDK (and also the Flex SDK) as part of a paid software that I'm developing right now (meaning, provide with the sdk in the installation package). Or If I need to ask users to download it afterwards. And/or if using the SDK as part of a paid software is even permitted.

I know it must be written somewhere in a license document but I tried to read one of those and it's just impossible to read everything that is inside and I can't be certain that I understand exactly what is being said as English is not my first language (and especially not that very specific/technical english)

Thanks a lot.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2015 Aug 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You include the complete AIR package optionally when you come to package your App. It's a checkbox in the Project/Package dialog in Flash Builder. As that's the case I can only assume Adobe are okay with it and it's reflected in the licence.

This would be different from including the actual SDK, which is what you're asking, but I thought I'd reply (in lieu of an answer by Adobe) in case you were confused by the difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2015 Aug 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

thanks for the answer.

Yes it's different. My app requires to use the Air SDK (not the air runtimes) to compile some files on the run. I would like to know if it's allowed to package the whole sdk folder with my app.

thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 31, 2015 Aug 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe AIR SDK - Warranty disclaimer and license agreement | Adobe

3.3 Distribution.

(a) Distribution Rights. Subject to the provisions of this agreement, including the requirements and restrictions below, you may copy and distribute the Sample Code, SDK Source Files and Object Code Redistributables as follows:

Distribution with Developer Application. You may distribute (A) Sample Code and SDK Source Files in source code, object code, modified or unmodified form, in all cases incorporated into your Developer Application and (B) Object Code Redistributables only as incorporated automatically (i.e., incorporated solely as a byproduct of your use of the Build Tools) into a Developer Application for Mac, Windows, iOS, or Android platforms, by using the Object Code Redistributables in the /runtimes/air-captivate/mac, /runtimes/air-captivate/win, lib/aot/lib, and /lib/android/lib/runtimeClasses.jar, and /runtimes/air/android/device/Runtime.apk folders, respectively; and

(ii) Distribution of Sample Code Stand-alone. You may distribute Sample Code (but not SDK Source Files) in source code or object code format on a stand-alone basis or as bundled with other software, as long as you first make modifications to such code that result in Material Improvements; and

(iii) Distribution of SDK Source Files. You may distribute SDK Source Files (but not the Sample Code) in source code or object code format on a stand-alone basis or as bundled with other components useful to developers, as long as you first make modifications to such files that result in Material Improvements, and provided that you (A) include a copyright notice reflecting copyright ownership in such modified files, and (B) do not use “mx,” “mxml,” “flex,” “flash,” “fl” or “adobe” in any new package or class names distributed with the SDK Source Files.

(iv) No Distribution of Build Tools. This agreement does not grant you the right to distribute the Build Tools (except for files that are covered by third party licenses that allow you to do so), Documentation or Runtime Software. In no event may you take any action to make the SDK subject to a license or scheme in which there is or could be interpreted that, as a condition of use, modification and/or distribution, the SDK be (A) disclosed or distributed in source code form; (B) licensed for the purpose of making derivative works; or (C) redistributable at no charge. For information about obtaining the right to distribute such components with your product or service, please refer to www.adobe.com/go/redistributeairsdk.

(b) Distribution Requirements. If you distribute the Sample Code or SDK Source Files under this agreement, you must include a copyright notice in such code, files, the relevant Developer Application or other larger work incorporating such code or files. You may not make any statement that any Developer Application or other software is “certified” or otherwise guaranteed by Adobe or (ii) use Adobe’s name or trademarks to market any Developer Application or other software without written permission from Adobe. Adobe is not responsible to you or any other party for any software update or support or other liability that may arise from your distribution.

3.4 Cross Promotion Program. At your option, you may participate in the Cross Promotion Program by completing the Program agreement which can be found at: www.adobe.com/products/air/crosspromotion-program-agreement.html, and implementing the related API.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your answer

so the clear answer is "no" ?

"No Distribution of Build Tools"

What I want is to compile some source code so I need the "build tools" I guess ?

So How does FlashDevelop to automatically install the aire sdk upon installation ? does it download it from adobe and then install it ? this looks like the same to me as to distribute the whole sdk...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FlashDevelop downloads SDK and not distribute it. If you make downloader

of SDK and than compile using DOWNLOADED and UNZIPPED - this will be not

the same as Distribution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok cool, I'll try to implement that then

thanks a lot for your answer !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines