3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2015 9:04 PM by A.T. Romano

Unable to burn the project. no burners detected

advancedphoto

It seems that premiere elements 13 all of a sudden does not detect a burner so I can not burn the project to a dvd. this started with no warning. I do have a burner and in the past I have had no problems the only thing that I updated was the new windows that Microsoft supplied us for free. I already uninstalled and reinstalled elements but that did not work. Any help would be great. Al

• 1. Re: Unable to burn the project. no burners detected
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Al

What computer operating system for your Premiere Elements 13? Have you updated 13 to 13.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates?

What is your burn to DVD-VIDEO standard or widescreen on DVD disc or AVCHD on DVD disc or both?

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer and are you running the programs from a user account with administrative privileges?

Is your video card/graphics card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

Please look at the issue with or without the preference "Use Hardware Acceleration (works with Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher)" enabled? See Edit Menu/Preferences/General.

How many other programs do you have on the computer that offer a burn to disc feature?

If you cannot burn to disc, is the project allowing you to burn to Folder (4.7 GB) or Folder (8.5 GB)?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Unable to burn the project. no burners detected
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>only thing that I updated was the new windows that Microsoft supplied us for free

Am I correct in thinking that your computer was working properly, and that you updated to Windows 10 and now your computer is not working properly?

• 3. Re: Unable to burn the project. no burners detected
              A.T. Romano Level 7

advancedphoto

Just a mention....I have updated two computers to Windows 10 successful. One of the first things that I checked once each Windows 10 upgrade was complete was how well Premiere Elements  worked before and after, especially with regard to Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc and AVCHD disc. On both computers, there were no problems with prior Premiere Elements installs in general and burn to in particular. Premiere Elements involved are versions 13 through 4. My upgrades were to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Looking forward to all your details in this regard so that we can plan troubleshooting strategy.

Thanks.

ATR